The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Rubbish. They are paid to represent the general public and debate and discuss legislation in our name.
Reply 21
Yes.
I tend to think that every politician has to present things in a certain way to aid their prospects. They all have an agenda, but that's why they're politicians. If politicians lie, it's because we, the people, aren't big and sensible enough to handle the truth about things, because the truth hurts. For example, if a politician stood up and told us that "you all can either work until you're 70 at least, save a lot more and stop spending money you haven't got, or live in poverty as pensioners" they would be ridiculed and people would choose to ignore them, or they wouldn't get re-elected but it's the truth.
Reply 23
Of Course he is. I mean, where are these weapons of mass destruction?
You can always tell when he's lying- His lips move.
Reply 24
lamps
Do you think Tony Blair a liar? If so, do you think he is a convincing liar? I had a debate about this with my friend today and so i thought i'd see what you guys on here thought!

he's a politician. What do you expect.
Reply 25
keenya2006
Leave Tony alone...he's sexy :rolleyes:

you got bad taste!
Reply 26
Dalimyr
I just prefer to stay out of politics as best as I can. It's something I'm incapable of comprehending, so I don't bother trying.

But you should cast your view in the election, do you not care or take an interest in who runs the country?
Reply 27
sim90
you got bad taste!

You dont have a clue. Tony is where its at...and Alan Duncan if you swing conservative :rolleyes:
Not only is he a liar, but he is also a fraudmeister.

He's just managed to wangle his son into Yale on a fully fee paid scholarship worth 50K. MA International relations. What a joke.
lamps
Do you think Tony Blair a liar? If so, do you think he is a convincing liar? I had a debate about this with my friend today and so i thought i'd see what you guys on here thought!

All politicians are liars.

You can tell when a politician lies, by simply watching his lips move!
Reply 30
I don't think he's up to George Bush standards though.
Yes, he is a liar in that he has knowingly told the public things which are not true. So on that score he's the same as any other politician.
lamps
Do you think Tony Blair a liar?

Tony Blair and Liar ??? It's like saying what's French for "Deja Vu" :wink:
Reply 33
sophisti_kate
Now now, be nice. Cameron is better than Blair, simply because he is leading the Tory Party to begin with...:biggrin:

LOL.
lol.
Hmm.
Lol.
Cameron should gtfo of politics. He's a twit who's pandering to whoever will vote for him. What are his policies? Whatever you want his policies to be. Allah save us from tools like him.

Also his bicycle sucks. :bandit:
Isn't pandering to the voters what all politicians do?
Reply 35
sophisti_kate
Isn't pandering to the voters what all politicians do?

1. I don't know all politicians.
2. I know a lot of 'politicians' have pre-set ideals on how a country should be run, and have the sense enough to realise the current mind-set of people isn't the perfect way to run a country.
3. What's your point?
4. This list is highly pretensious. :hubba:
I agree with point 2 and 4 :biggrin: BTW it's pretentious.

EDIT: Woot! 500 posts :party:
Reply 37
sophisti_kate
I agree with point 2 and 4 :biggrin: BTW it's pretentious.

EDIT: Woot! 500 posts :party:

BTW it's 501 posts.
(ready to edit to 502)
yes, yes very funny... :damnmate:
Here is my analysis of Blair -

Chronological age: 53

Emotional Age: somewhere in between 12-16 (not sure exactly how much)

Distinctive physical features: A Grin that says something along the lines of "i'm not a
good leader, but I don't want everyone else to know that". A face that says "Trust him and you'll live to regret it".

His belief of his own power over the British people: Quite high.
His actual power over the British people: crumbling like a salt sculpure after someone has spilt their drink on it.

What he's said concerning crime: "Tough on crime, Tough on the causes of crime".
What has happened since then: Thousands of foreign criminals released from prison rather than deported and a few of them worked in the Home Office. Also some people were given criminal records, even then they have commited no crime to warrant them.

As for my opinion, this is NOT Great Britiain, it isn't even British at all, it's simply a tiny province of an larger empire, which Blair is merely a puppet, one thing i'm not sure of is which empire is in control? The American Empire or the Flemish (Belgium) Empire. Blair is the one who allowed them to move in, not my military arms, but by conquering us without firing a shot via economic means.

I'm not suprised that he didn't learn something from V for Vendetta, that film had a message for him (but not said exactly like this) "Clean up your act or a party like Norsefire will take over". I have no respect or loyalty for a weak leader, which is what Blair is, I don't want him dead, that would only make a martyr of him, lets just say he should step down sooner rather than later.

Latest

Trending

Trending