The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Just one out of a choice of 3 - if you're talking about WJEC as I assume you are.

Relax - you'll enjoy it once you're there :wink:
Reply 2
Im doing them too. Don't worry i'm sure it will go fine! :smile:
Reply 3
Any advice on how to revise for the essays and what else is on the paper.
I'm really struggling. lol
Reply 4
Hey im taking the AS exam 2mro as wel but im doin edexcel. Aimee ur best bet iz to jus mke sure u kno the fancy tenses tht will get u marks so subjunctive, pluperfect those sorta things. Im retakin so i got the advantage of havin the experience. trust me its pretty straightforward im onli retakin cos i want an A n not a B :biggrin: .
Yep im doing both of them tomorrow. I sont really know what to revisee though, i think im just going to have to make it up as per normal, ah well.
I'm doing AQA...
Just found out about the subjective and I've never seen it in my life.. and i'm aiming for an A :s-smilie: oh well..
I did some past listening papers and got an A on those so it's probably just writing that'll be a problem but I guess I might still be able to use some other fancy things...
Fingers crossed!
Reply 7
I am doing French AS tomorrow: OCR. 1x Listening, Reading and Writing, followed by a Reading and writing paper.

Seeing as I am for full marks in listening and reading (im half french) then I can compensate for my writing which isn't perfect.

I know the present, future, imprefect, conditional, passe compose (perfect tense) and know how to identify subjunctive but not correctly use it.

Is that a problem, do I need more tenses?
Reply 8
As far as WJEC goes the subjunctive isn't even on the AS syllabus (as far as I know), so just knowing your basic tenses should be fine.

As for essay topics - I have a few past examples here, and the essays nearly all have one essay title from each of the 3 main topic areas. It's best just to learn your topic specific vocab and a few killer sentences. I'd also advise learning some stock essay phrases for introduction, conparison, conclusion etc - just to make the whole thing flow better.
Learn a few subjunctive phrases that can be used in any case - one I particularly like is "Autant que je sache..." which means "As far as I know..."
If you can do the basic tenses like conditional, passee compose etc, you can do stuff like the perfect conditional, pluperfect etc, which are really easy when you know how to form the others :smile: no worries, it'll be fine.

Latest