sit ups Watch

Caribou
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Bis)
No, it doesn't. Unless your aims are muscular stamina, which is rare, then it's pretty pointless.
That's the aim I was hinting at.. not rare.. just.. uncommon. You're gonna encounter more people doing muscular endurance/stamina work when you look at people doing certain sport specific excercises/training.

certain sports.. not all... some..
SunburnedCactus
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Gotta have those "endurance abs" for your stomachball game.
Caribou
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Happy Unicycling)
Gotta have those "endurance abs" for your stomachball game.
surfing is one sport where stamina helps. more in the abs than you would think
Bis
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by HagerVor)
That's the aim I was hinting at.. not rare.. just.. uncommon. You're gonna encounter more people doing muscular endurance/stamina work when you look at people doing certain sport specific excercises/training.

certain sports.. not all... some..
Uncommon = rare. Endurance is something that the abs don't really need in any sport to a great extent, so it's a silly thing to do usually.
Barny
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Is that some sort of joke? Abs(core) muscles are the most important muscle in almost every sport, without a strong core you're screwed in most sports.
generalebriety
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Uncommon is not the same as rare. Also, doing a lot of reps will burn off fat, which is good.
Bis
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by x.narb.x)
Is that some sort of joke? Abs(core) muscles are the most important muscle in almost every sport, without a strong core you're screwed in most sports.
I never said they were not important, I said that endurance isn't needed that much in them, unless you do sit-ups all day. General strength is more important
Barny
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Lack of endurance in the core muscles is one of the biggest causes of injury in almost every sport.

If you are a rower and your core stability/endurance isn't up to scratch then you lose technique and can injur your back, similarly with running, lack of core stability/endurance causes a large decrease in running efficiency. Same with almost every sport, absolutely core strength isn't really that important.
john!!
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
[QUOTE=Anonymous]Ice...ur info is good but its not exactly what our op is looking for. She says she isn't trying to lose weight, but just build her abs. So the whole cutting down on fat thing isn't that much of a problem as she has quite a low bmi anyway (i know bmi doesnt say much, but it dus tell us she dusnt need to lose anything). So training specific abs is on here because your trying to get a more toned belly so building on the muscles. If you want to follow a diet, i dont know why the op would want to, but if she dus then lots of protein is good for building muscles (but i dont think you want the full six pack, just toned). So i wouldn't consider a diet or anything, just do some of the afore mentioned exercises!QUOTE]

NO TERRIBLE

you dont get abs showing by doing situps every day, its a simple plan:

1. lose fat
2. fat stored of stomach lost
3. muscles behind fat now more visible

no matter how big the muscles are youll never see them.

there are two reasons you can see abs,

1. you dont have abdominal muscles
2. theyre covered up by fat

And Im pretty sure 1 isnt likely
Chi3f
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
two reasons you cant see abs you mean
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (24)
50%
No - but I will (1)
2.08%
No - I don't want to (1)
2.08%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (22)
45.83%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise