The Student Room Group

What would you get rid of in the 21st century?

Okay, so I was just wondering what you would get rid of in the 21st century? I have to write a column for english discussing what I would get rid of and why :smile: I already have a few ideas in my head, I'm just interested to hear what you would write about. - A x

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by SpicyStrawberry
Justin Bieber.

In all seriousness though, I'd get rid of the incessant need for so much middle-management and bureaucracy.

I like it. Although I don't think I could justify writing 800 words on him :smile:
Original post by xouture
I like it. Although I don't think I could justify writing 800 words on him :smile:

Haha good point, I bet people will come up with some good ideas on here though, it's a nice way to have a rant about what we think is a waste of time!
Reply 3
Original post by SpicyStrawberry
Haha good point, I bet people will come up with some good ideas on here though, it's a nice way to have a rant about what we think is a waste of time!

Yep that's true :smile: Plus, it'll give me some ideas for my English :smile: I was thinking of writing about (unnatural) size zero models, but I don't know what I could write about it.
Reply 4
No offence, but I think disease is a bit more important than our ****ed up ideas of aesthetics or inefficiency.
Reply 5
Original post by The_Duck
No offence, but I think disease is a bit more important than our ****ed up ideas of aesthetics or inefficiency.

True, but there has been disease for centuries. Wanting to be stick thin has only been a craze in recent years. For example, at times it has been fashionable and desired to be larger. I am specifically talking about recent times in my essay.
Original post by The_Duck

Obviously, but disease has been around since humans have been on Earth and we are already trying to get rid of it. It's hardly a groundbreaking statement to come out with, and I was joking about the Justin Beiber comment...
Reply 7
Liberals
Reply 8
Original post by bertstare
Liberals

as in...?
Reply 9
People who think this is the 19th century.
Beiber, One Direction, Big Bang Theory, Suarez.

Take your pick.
Original post by Guru Jason
Beiber, One Direction, Big Bang Theory, Suarez.

Take your pick.

Why the hate for Big Bang?!
...the others I totally agree with!
Original post by EllieAntWarrior
Why the hate for Big Bang?!
...the others I totally agree with!

I'm not gonna go into to it here but if you really want the reason why I dislike it you can check my past posts (recently explained it in another thread, don't want to do it all again.)
Reply 13
Myself.
Social networking websites.
I would get rid of anything with a screen. Our lives are dominated by TV's, phones, tablets, laptops etc and it would solve issues such as obesity, child health problems and laziness to be without them :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
What wouldn't I get rid of would be a better question.
Reply 17
Original post by theblackparade
I would get rid of anything with a screen. Our lives are dominated by TV's, phones, tablets, laptops etc and it would solve issues such as obesity, child health problems and laziness to be without them :smile:

How about MRI machines?
Facebook
Dictatorships

Quick Reply

Latest