Paranoid about getting pregnant... Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
My boyfriend and I haven't slept together yet, but whenever we do other stuff I always get paranoid that I'm going to somehow get pregnant (e.g. sperm getting on my clothes). I know it's silly, but I can't help it. You can't get pregnant through stuff like dry humping, can you?
Ethereal
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
No, but if you're that paranoid perhaps you should consider becoming a nun?
Talya
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Perhaps go on the pill? You seem to think you might do more sexual things in the future, so perhaps going on it now would be a good idea, and it would put your mind at rest

But don't have sex without a condom unless you know he's clean of STIs (and you are, obviously)
supernova2
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
lol pregnant from dry humping it sounds like one of those problem pages in a magazine...
oxygenbubbles
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by supernova2)
lol pregnant from dry humping it sounds like one of those problem pages in a magazine...
It reminds me of 40 year old virgin, where the teenagers are told to try dry humping.
joeybee
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I think everyone gets paranoid really. I am stupid and quite often me and my boyfriend get carried away, have sex and he just pulls out (sorry cant think of a nicer way of putting it!) at the last minute. So i am really risking it.
If you haven't had full blown intercorse then don't worry, it'd be so unlikely, that i couldn't even put odds on it.
If and when you do start having sex, you'll probs worry more. But most girls i know (And indeed their bf's) worry about pregnancy every month until the girls period comes.
I've found now that i know what my body is like and am pretty sure i'd notice. I am really aware though, and if my period is more than a week late then i take a test, or go to the G.P. I know a friend who had an abortion, and knowing the details of that has scared me.
From now on it's condoms all the time, or "it" doesn't come withing 5 foot of my Mary!
Talya
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by joeybee)
I think everyone gets paranoid really. I am stupid and quite often me and my boyfriend get carried away, have sex and he just pulls out (sorry cant think of a nicer way of putting it!) at the last minute. So i am really risking it.
You know exactly how stupid that is, right!? Go on the pill!
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
It is silly but you can't help what you worry about. Go on the pill and, if you do have sex, use a condom. You'll be fine.
Anonymous #2
Report 12 years ago
I feel exactly the same as u!

I hate the idea of taking pills but i get paranoid about anything i do with my bf.Its been 2 years now and Im still not any better about it than i am now!
Talya
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I hate the idea of taking pills but i get paranoid about anything i do with my bf.Its been 2 years now and Im still not any better about it than i am now!
Injection.. implant... there's even a ring thing you put up there... that does the job too nowadays! Stays in for 3 weeks, then you take it out for your break.

Called NuvaRing, btw.

No pills involved!
Ethereal
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I still think Holy Orders and an enclosed nunnery is the way forward :p:
lukeitfc
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Compulsory sterilisation rocx.
Talya
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by lukeitfc)
Compulsory sterilisation rocx.
Compulsory? Hmm!
Dramatic Star
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I feel the same a lot of the time. I know the chances are very slim (I'm on the pill) but it doesn't stop me thinking that I could be that small percentage that is unlucky. :confused: I guess using a condom as well would put my mind at ease, but hey, it's my paranoia- I don't think that will ever go away.
Rock Fan
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
If you get round to doing it, just make sure you take the proper precautions, the pill and condoms etc.
zav
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Nothing is ever 100% but the chances with proper protection are around 0.01% so u are just as likely to be run over by a bus when crossing the road for example but its not worth worring about.

Stay calm and just think u might even win the lottery around these odds
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (124)
39.62%
No - but I will (17)
5.43%
No - I don't want to (20)
6.39%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (152)
48.56%

Watched Threads