Uea Help Me Please!! Watch

This discussion is closed.
purepersian
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
ok so i have an interview at UEA for the Science foundation degree next week.
Im planning on doing Computer Science once i complete the foundation course!

Iv never been to an interview at a uni.. can someone give me some advice on what to expect and what i should say and do?
please im so scared lol

thanks guys
johncleaner
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
hi there :-) Although I didn't have an interview at UEA, I did have an interview at Manchester for a scientific subject. Make sure you have a copy of your personal statement with you and read over what you said in it. They're likely to ask you about anything to do with your personal statement, so be ready to expand on any questions related to it. Also think why you're applying for the degree, what you hope to gain from it, what are your plans for the future and normal questions like that.

Also, when the person doing the interview says 'Is there anything else you'd like to share with me about yourself' dont say 'no' like I did because there will be an extremely awkward silence, followed by the end of the interview. Think about interests and hobbies you have and see if you can relate them to the degree you're taking.

Good luck
Amb1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by purepersian)
ok so i have an interview at UEA for the Science foundation degree next week.
Im planning on doing Computer Science once i complete the foundation course!

Iv never been to an interview at a uni.. can someone give me some advice on what to expect and what i should say and do?
please im so scared lol

thanks guys
At the end of an interview the panel often ask 'have you got any questions?'. It doesn't really matter if you haven't but if you can think of one that shows how keen + interested you are in the course or in the university itself they will like this. Be confident - you are good enough to be there, make sure they know that (but don't be cocky).
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is most responsible for your success at university

Mostly me (179)
91.79%
Mostly my university including my lecturers/tutors (16)
8.21%

Watched Threads