Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Hydramus)
I'm doing:

A Streetcar Named Desire
Poetry Anthology
Emma

And i have to say i am scared ****less too mate, im in the same situation, i just done my stats exam and now have to concentrate on english in these two days, :eek: its madness, and im struggling with Emma, damn its hard, i heard Pride and Prejudice is better, cos Emma is well... Boring mostly lol. But Streetcar is an amazing play. Thats what im good at, but i cant remember my damn poetry or emma!

Anyone who sees this, and does our texts... HELP PLEASE!

I do the EXACT SAME texts as you! :eek:

Throughout the year my range in grades hasn't been too big, anything from a high B to a high A, as silly as this sounds, a B in english literature would destroy me, its my best subject!

I haven't done any revision for it yet as I can't seem to ever revise for english, I just think it completely depends on the question

if anyone needs help with any of the above texts, i am happy to assist discussing them can be my revision
aminalia89
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
sebbie i'm doing the same texts as you, you should tell the school about your home life that would count as extenuating cirumstances.
plummage lets discuss streetcar!!!!
wajiha
Badges: 0
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Hydramus)
Shame in english is that there is no definite anwser like in maths and in chem, i know it can be pretty cool and free flowing as you wish but... It's so much easier to do maths and chem in my opinion lol

But you gotta love drama and poetry ^-^ (well they are my favourite parts!)
It is hard but you cant compare maths with English Literature, I do both and I find maths harder, but that might be because I'm not a very mathematical person.

Im doing Translations
Poetry Anthology
Emma

Im dreading it cos I haven't done enough essays to know where I'll go wrong! Gud luck everyone.
lily_of_the_valley
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Every time I hear the words English Lit Exam and Friday, my heart stops for about 2 seconds. I'm doing:

High Windows
Spies
A Woman of No Importance

Needless to say I'm ****ting myself. I know I messed up on the Tempest Exam so I need to do uber well on these 3 to get a decent grade. As a side note, how stupid is it that they shove 3 exams together? they should have done 2 and 2.
prash_s90
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
im doind - death of a salesman
- Blake poetry
- great gatsby
Epitomessence
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I'm doing Streetcar, Betjeman and Frankenstein. I got a B for the hamlet coursework, I'm going to fail!
fishandchips
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by lily_of_the_valley)
Every time I hear the words English Lit Exam and Friday, my heart stops for about 2 seconds. I'm doing:

High Windows
Spies
A Woman of No Importance

Needless to say I'm ****ting myself. I know I messed up on the Tempest Exam so I need to do uber well on these 3 to get a decent grade. As a side note, how stupid is it that they shove 3 exams together? they should have done 2 and 2.
ah most schools choose to do one coursework module- i only have two on friday as i did spies in january, and coursework on shakespeare like around easter time. Quite pleased as that's 60% out of the way- though i know i'm going to fail this one on Friday so hardd.
e-lover
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Hey,

Im doing:
-Pride and Prejudice
-Chaucer - "The Millers Tale"
-Top Girls

Anyone else doing this combo? I like them all tbh but Chaucer is my favourite!
Beautiful_Plumage
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by aminalia89)
sebbie i'm doing the same texts as you, you should tell the school about your home life that would count as extenuating cirumstances.
plummage lets discuss streetcar!!!!

any ideas about what to say when discussing the humour in streetcar?

I can only think of Stanley's comments e.g. 'look a solid gold dress' and Mitch's sweet behaviour e.g. when he talks about perspiration/ when he dances like a bear

If i had a question on humour i would be in soooo much trouble! :p:
ippadi
Report 11 years ago
our school doesn't do coursework! kinda wishing they did now.
Did the tempest last Monday, now got the Spire, 'Tis Pity She's a Whore and Philip Larkin's High Windows...

Has anyone got a strategy for remembering quotes? it's closed book for the Spire and I can only get a few into my head - 'thick legs astraddle' is the one I always remember
lily_of_the_valley
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by disarm you with a smile)
ah most schools choose to do one coursework module- i only have two on friday as i did spies in january, and coursework on shakespeare like around easter time. Quite pleased as that's 60% out of the way- though i know i'm going to fail this one on Friday so hardd.

yeah my college is stupid, no coursework for AS or A2. grr.
shanay
Report 11 years ago
well i m also doin the exam, but i have top girls, anthology and emma as my AS level, and i guess this is just too much!!!!! help required eventually here also
zanejamal
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
im doing

Spies - Frayn
Worlds Wife - Duffy
School for Scandal - Sheridan
poohoop999
Report 11 years ago
Join the club
Beautiful_Plumage
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
A random panic and a silly question for you all:

I know we are allowed small annotations for things like streetcar, so are highlighted bits in the text allowed?

I'm sure they are, but im just checking, I found this on an FAQ:

"‘’Annotated’ refers to editorial material or textual commentary published in the editions
studied and to hand-written marginal notes made by the students. Publications such as
‘pass-notes’ or ‘study guides’ which do not provide the complete texts as prescribed are
excluded. No supplementary material may be taken into the examinations. Annotations
should be limited to brief notes alongside the text itself and the insertion of any additional
material such as cards or markers or supplementary sheets is not permitted. Editorial
material and accompanying commentaries in the texts used in examinations must be limited
to commentaries on the texts and must not include simplified versions of texts. Students
may take into the examinations only one edition of each prescribed text studied"

doesn't say anything about highlighters i guess, but i just need reassurance!
Lucyatthegym
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I'm sooo scared!! I wasn't scared at all, but I am now.

I've been getting As all year.. But only started revising today.. It's made me realise how much I need to revise.. And, some of the exam questions I've looked at today look so difficult compared to the essays I've written before!!

I'm doing:

Spies.
'Tis pity she's a whore
High Windows.
person 34
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
You don't need to revise for english really, especially if you've got the texts. I'm going to get a B with or without revision, so I've just accepted that.
mrs.brown
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I'm doing:

Blake (Songs of Innocence and Experience) - Love this so much!
Death of a Salesman
Great Expectations

I've yet to meet a single person outside my own English Lit. class who's doing G.Ex.
Lucyatthegym
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by person 34)
You don't need to revise for english really, especially if you've got the texts. I'm going to get a B with or without revision, so I've just accepted that.
See I need an A so much!! If I don't get an A.. well.. I don't know what i'll do!!

I can just see me getting a B soo much, and I'll be so gutted!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (443)
37.83%
No - but I will (88)
7.51%
No - I don't want to (80)
6.83%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (560)
47.82%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise