Hair dye Watch

smilee172
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
I'm wanting to dye my hair at the moment and was wondering if anyone had tried the hair dye (i can't actually remember the brand, helpful I know!) where u dye it like a base coat, and then u get a highlighting stick thing to give yourself highlights on top of the hairdye. think it might be loreal excellence or something.. has anyone tried it, is it any good?
Cocoa
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
clairol??
rosetinted
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
L'Oreal Couleur Experte? I've done my mom's hair with it several times and it comes out great.

If you do use it and want very subtle highlights then keep the bleaching stuff on for the recommended time. If you want them a bit bolder then I'd say leave it on another 5-10 mins. Oh and do tons of highlights, it'll look like too many but trust me, once you've washed the bleach out there seem to be sod all!
smilee172
Rep:
?
(Original post by rosetinted)
L'Oreal Couleur Experte? I've done my mom's hair with it several times and it comes out great.

If you do use it and want very subtle highlights then keep the bleaching stuff on for the recommended time. If you want them a bit bolder then I'd say leave it on another 5-10 mins. Oh and do tons of highlights, it'll look like too many but trust me, once you've washed the bleach out there seem to be sod all!
is it easy to do? im a bit worried about bodging up, i like the idea of natural looking highlights tho lol x
Penelope21
Badges: 0
Report 12 years ago
I buy the superdrug version of the l'oreal one. It works exactly the same and is a few quid cheaper. And also has different shades to the loreal ones. So if you can find the two shades you want check out the ones in the superdrug brand.
P.S I don't work for Superdrug. :p:
smilee172
Rep:
?
has anyone got a pic of themselves/hair having used the dye?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (316)
37.4%
No - but I will (66)
7.81%
No - I don't want to (62)
7.34%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (401)
47.46%

Watched Threads