Eng Lit Exam on Friday -Edxcel - Any ideas on Questions? Watch

Hydramus
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Hey to anyone doing the same exam as me!

I'm doing "A Streetcar Named Desire", "Emma" and the poems as usual.

I have no idea what would come up this year, but if any of you have some sort of idea, please share, and im sure some other people will love to hear some ideas as well it will definitely help with the revision.

Thanks!
iakovenko
Report 12 years ago
Im doing the same this friday... but im doing Keats, Rover and Hardy... ... too bad, cant be of much help...
Hydramus
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Ah nevermind mate, no problem after reading around here about english i have realised that not everyone does the poetry anthology :p: i used to think that everyone did that for the poetry section, but it appears not, some people doing all one poet which i think is weird lol but must be odd, many similarities in style and etc.

But good luck on it anyways, i've realised that its near impossible looking for someone doing the exact same thing lol.
menolly
Report 12 years ago
Hey. I am doing "Translations", "Emma" and the poetry anthology. I don't know what you mean by your poetry but mine is a huge selection of poems, something like 25 out of the blue edexcel anthology.

As for questions, I don't really have ANY idea but I am definately going to use the following key points somewhere in my essays if I can

• Critics quotes from critical essays (or other sources)
  • Mention the Napoleonic wars and how, although Jane Austen does not dwell on them too much in the book, she still recognises it
  • The difference between French manners (F. Churchill) and English mannerism (Mr Knightly). French being more on the surface, more fake and less meaningful
  • I read something about being aware of other books released at the same time : Frankenstein. Common themes between this and Emma are Romantic themes including isolation (Harriet is isolated in mannerism due to her lower class), love of nature (the many walks and scenery BOX HILL!) and loss (F. Churchills aunt)

I am quite nervous about Emma but I think I am OK for Translations and Poetry. Apparently quotes are not very important in our Emma essays compared to the plays that we are doing. For poetry just make sure you base your answer around the Who wrote it, When was it written and how does this affect the poem, Why did he write it and what were the intention and WHAT form/structure is it. The WHO/WHEN/WHY/WHAT!

Just trying to help, you got any tips? Good luck!!
marc_upnorth
Report 12 years ago
Hi i have a question on John Donne and Look back in Anger tomorrow. I was wondering if anyone knew which Donne poem was examined in January 2006? Im very worried what could be examined 2mro.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Marc
lil_sweetie
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I'm doing Streetcar, Frankenstein and the first four groups from the Anthology...am uber nervous and have no idea what's going to come up! Sorry dudes!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (315)
37.77%
No - but I will (64)
7.67%
No - I don't want to (62)
7.43%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (393)
47.12%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed