AS Psychology A (PYA 1, 2 & 3) Watch

TOSCS
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Are there any past papers for this? I couldn't find them on the AQA website (only had Psy B). Also are there any good revision sites?

I'm seriously thinking of not going to the exam tomorrow. I have to revise the entire Module 1, and learn Modules 2 & 3 for PM tomorrow.

I'll be dropping it next year because it's absolutely useless; it doesn't matter if you don't understand anything - you just have to recall loads of facts.
TwoDot
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I feel the same.

I'm dropping it next year as it's a horrible subject and as you say the exam is just an extreme memory test. I have a last minute revision book and the amount of information is still crazy. I don't find it interesting either.
purplerat
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Hey im doing this exam 2morrow - I feel the same. I think its unfair that we have to do modules 2 and 3 together on the same day. Would be better 2 do one module one day and the other on another day so we could revise properly. I dont know where u can get any past exam papers on the Inet my school had some that we could look at. Good luck!
Instínct
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I got all of my past papers from the AQA website [Spec. A]
TOSCS
Rep:
?
Do you guys think it's worth my while worrying and trying to prepare for it?

My teacher said that if anyone get's a U then they will withdraw it, so you don't have to put it on your UCAS form.

And to the person complaining about having to do 2 & 3 tomorow - I ahve to retake Paper 1 aswell lol

But you're right - if they were on seperate days we could say, revise Attachments, then revise Memory etc etc but this way it's 'revise the entire course'.
TOSCS
Rep:
?
Virtue could you email/MSN me them please?
Instínct
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Try this...

http://www.aqa.org.uk/qual/gceasa/psyA_assess.html

Does that work?
TOSCS
Rep:
?
Go rabh maith agat!

The search function on that site is useless!
Instínct
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I have no idea what you just said...

I hate psychology...:mad:
TOSCS
Rep:
?
heh, i said thanks in gaelic.. not the direct translation but that's the gist.
TwoDot
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I think we can officially declare this as the official psychology hate thread!
Chanelley
Report 12 years ago
I like psychology and I did this exam last year - but got a D so I'm retaking it again this year.

Stupid me left revision to the last minute and can't remember anything from last year. At least the information you learnt in class is still fresh - ish in your mind.

Has anyone already done this exam either yesterday or today? And if so could they tell us the questions!!
filastini
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
^ I think everyone has the exams at the same times. 1.30 onwards.

I have this tomorrow aswell, and in the exact same situation as you.
TOSCS
Rep:
?
Our school has em at 14:00 cuz lunch runs from 1-2pm.

I'm gonna try and talk my way out of the exam; I really don't want to sit there for 3hrs to get a U, when I could just go and revise for my other exams/sleep.
Purple
Badges: 15
Report 12 years ago
My college sent me a whole selection.
Purple
Badges: 15
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Chanelley)

Has anyone already done this exam either yesterday or today? And if so could they tell us the questions!!
That is cheating, fool.
Cristalclear
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
That wont be possible, as all the exams are held at the same time or a maximum of a 30 min difference. It's impossible to get the questions. If it was that easy everyone would be doing it.
k_mac123
Report 12 years ago
mmmm i did the exam the other day... i resat the 1st module so did the 3 exams in 1 day.. god that was awful.. and to make it worst i literally taught 70% of the topic to myself the day before and that is no exageration! my teach spent a minimum of 6 months of the school year off ill including 3 months before the actual exam so i had no revision lessons an half the attatchment topic was left uncovered.. but we did get a really gud teacher like twice a week for a week or two before the exam.. although he had little time to teach us anything
Shake 'n Bake
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I really don't think people should complain I had to do all the units in one sitting all in June. Then I had to do the exam again this year, (my choice) last time I did it was in 2004.

Then again I have a really good teacher who was hardly away once. So it really depends on who you have to make the subject stick if not it sucks.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (212)
39.41%
No - but I will (38)
7.06%
No - I don't want to (36)
6.69%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (252)
46.84%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise