The Student Room Group

Equity and Trusts - which topic is easier?

Hi, we have been given our exam topics. We have 1 seen question, which deals with the three certainties. Then we have to pick 2 more. I have picked secret trusts as one, but I can't decide what I want to do on the 3rd, was wondering anyone who has done it before could tell me which would be easiest out of:
1) Imperfect gifts/incompletely constituted trusts
2) Distribution of funds of unincorporated association
3) Charitable purposes plus gifts to charitable institutions which have ceased to exist
4) Ownership of family home

Thanks
Reply 1
The easiest and interesting one is Charity. I done mine last year and got 70 percent. Had to answer 3 questions out of 5 though. Had 2 exams overall, one in semester 1 and the other in semester 2.

London South Bank is the best University. LOL
Nice work on the 70% mate...can only hope to get a high mark like that myself, and I did end up revising for charity by the way lol, it is interesting you're right. We have 3 also, one is seen question concerning three certainties/beneficiary principle/discretionary trusts, then I'm gonna do charitable trusts and secret trusts
Charities is easier. However also a lot of case law to learn. There is a strong link between the three certainties and imperfect gifts or purpose trusts, which are more difficult topics but I think could be easier to get a first if you really understand it since a lower volume of knowledge is required, if your technical knowledge on the certainties is very strong it may be worth picking one of these.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending