The Student Room Group
DavidBrent
Does anybody know how to play poker or any website where is tells you how (not internet poker)

go to so you wanna .com, or just search for it on google....
Reply 2
there are lots of different rules for it. five card stud is probably the one you're after. i would've thought. maybe. :smile:
Gimp
there are lots of different rules for it. five card stud is probably the one you're after. i would've thought. maybe. :smile:

poker has to be the best game of all time.... i cant play it... but attempting strip poker whilst drunk is hilarious...
Reply 4
two_headed_monk
poker has to be the best game of all time.... i cant play it... but attempting strip poker whilst drunk is hilarious...

i like it because it's one of the few card games where there is some skill involved :smile: but i'm not very good and don't play it often :tongue:
Reply 5
DavidBrent
Does anybody know how to play poker or any website where is tells you how (not internet poker)

A good basic book- old, but the advice is good for beginners- is H O Yardley's The Education of a Poker Player
Reply 6
Once you're a master, you can play for Celebrations or Haribo. :biggrin: Good times.
Reply 7
depends what you want to play.

A lot of sites will give you the basic setup and rules.
Try www.pokerpages.com , which is a pretty big poker resource.
Chances are you want to play Texas Hold 'em. Why not download www.vcpoker.com and play for "play money" (not real) which help you understand the game better.

If you want a book, I recommend the daddy of all: "Super System" by Doyle Brunson, or maybe "How to Play Poker Like the Pros" by Phil Helmuth.
Reply 8
Hehe i love poker! There should be a guide (and the actual game) on pogo.com the game is so addictive!
Reply 9
I lsot £10 last saturday at poker :frown:
NikNak
I lsot £10 last saturday at poker :frown:

wow...

Latest

Trending

Trending