Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody know how to play poker or any website where is tells you how (not internet poker)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DavidBrent)
    Does anybody know how to play poker or any website where is tells you how (not internet poker)
    go to so you wanna .com, or just search for it on google....

ReputationRep:
    there are lots of different rules for it. five card stud is probably the one you're after. i would've thought. maybe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gimp)
    there are lots of different rules for it. five card stud is probably the one you're after. i would've thought. maybe.
    poker has to be the best game of all time.... i cant play it... but attempting strip poker whilst drunk is hilarious...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by two_headed_monk)
    poker has to be the best game of all time.... i cant play it... but attempting strip poker whilst drunk is hilarious...
    i like it because it's one of the few card games where there is some skill involved but i'm not very good and don't play it often

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DavidBrent)
    A good basic book- old, but the advice is good for beginners- is H O Yardley's The Education of a Poker Player

ReputationRep:
    Once you're a master, you can play for Celebrations or Haribo. Good times.

ReputationRep:
    depends what you want to play.

A lot of sites will give you the basic setup and rules.
    Try www.pokerpages.com , which is a pretty big poker resource.
    Chances are you want to play Texas Hold 'em. Why not download www.vcpoker.com and play for "play money" (not real) which help you understand the game better.

If you want a book, I recommend the daddy of all: "Super System" by Doyle Brunson, or maybe "How to Play Poker Like the Pros" by Phil Helmuth.

ReputationRep:
    Hehe i love poker! There should be a guide (and the actual game) on pogo.com the game is so addictive!

ReputationRep:
    I lsot £10 last saturday at poker

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NikNak)
    I lsot £10 last saturday at poker
    wow...

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 18, 2004
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.