Prague Med Uni - entrance examination Watch

This discussion is closed.
alkaeda
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Ive got an exam for Prague Uni on June 4th at Imperial College London, had a look at the example papers and they look pretty hard. And its 4 hour exam!!!

Does anyone have any clue about this exam, or what to expect on that day, they didnt really give much away on the letter. Will there be an interveiw? Its bad timing, i have to revise for this now as well as my A lvls. Also what are we supposed to wear? Any help..
miss_buttercup
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
is this exam for nursing? i thought prague med school was just for medicine?:confused: i might be wrong but if its for medicine it wud be better to post this in the medicine/dental/vet science forum. if im wrong - sorry xx
alkaeda
Rep:
?
yeah what the hell have i done put this in the wrong flamin hole its supposed to be in the med section!
medic_rules
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I sat the exam back in 2002 at Nottingham Uni for 2003 entry when I was at Medsim, it's not too bad, just like doing A level stuff, if you got above X% then you had an interview it wasn't too informal by UK med school standards,they offered the places out before the weekend finished. Have you looked on their website I assume it's Charles University you are talking about? Sorry cann't be of anymore help cos I rejected their offer. Don't know if things will have changed much over the years.
Hygeia
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
i took the entrance exam for Charles University Prague at Medsim last year, basically it was 3 multiple choice papers, one each on bio, chem and physics covering stuff from the A level syllabuses for each, you had to get above 50% i think for an interview which for me was only 3 questions i think and they gave me the offer right then (was only my back up tho) their offers are conditional only on completing your a levels
Fluffy
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
No one ever fails. The main resaon for the exam is for them to make money, not act as a filter...
JayD
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
As I understand it European med schools take on a lot more students but slash numbers drastically based on performance in first year.
Fluffy
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by JayD)
As I understand it European med schools take on a lot more students but slash numbers drastically based on performance in first year.
Indeed - with pass marks of 80%!

The biggest 'exit' point for UK students on courses such as Pragues is in between pre-clinical and clinical. The course might be taught in English, but you have to be fully fluent in the local lingo, and pass an exam to prove so, else you can't do clinicals (you can't expect all your patients to speak English )
alkaeda
Rep:
?
50% eh.. its high enough u can still fail so kate what questions did u get? ther must be alot of english students going to charles uni.. so if they can manage the language then i shud be alright i hope. Also i heard a rumour that after 2/3 years theres an option to transfer to an english med uni and finish the clinical p-art here.. about this exam again, what am i suppsed to wear and how many people usually take it?
Jamie
Badges: 18
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by alkaeda)
50% eh.. its high enough u can still fail so kate what questions did u get? ther must be alot of english students going to charles uni.. so if they can manage the language then i shud be alright i hope. Also i heard a rumour that after 2/3 years theres an option to transfer to an english med uni and finish the clinical p-art here.. about this exam again, what am i suppsed to wear and how many people usually take it?
i really don't mean to be a wet blanket, but you/ypour parents will be better off pissing money down a drain.

few english students complete the course, and those who do are poorly rated in the NHS.

Prague - the university for the impatient pupil.
Fluffy
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by alkaeda)
There isn't a medical school in the UK that would allow you to transfer straight to clinicals [GMC regs]. You would be expected to apply through UCAS and start back in year 1.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (314)
37.74%
No - but I will (64)
7.69%
No - I don't want to (62)
7.45%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (392)
47.12%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed