Showing interest without seeming too desperate Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
I'm interested in a guy at work. We get along well and are friendly and jokey with each other and I've started to wonder if the potential is there for us to become more than friends. We've only known each other a couple of weeks & as of yet I'm finding it hard to figure out his opinion of me. I gave him my phone number so we can hang out as mates, but he hasn't called me (not really surprised as it was a very casual giving of number).

There is a party at the weekend for a bunch of work people and we'll both be there. How can I be discrete with other work people around and gently imply I might be interested to see if he responds?
Chi3f
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
ask him out directly
Emmalina
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
More touching his body. Not in a gropy way but like touch him subtely when you pass him something.. Go outside with him.. Get "tipsy" and throw your arms around him.

If all else fails a bottle of vodka and a drunken decleration of love normally gets the idea across.
SamTheMan
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Emmalina)
More touching his body. Not in a gropy way but like touch him subtely when you pass him something.. Go outside with him.. Get "tipsy" and throw your arms around him.

If all else fails a bottle of vodka and a drunken decleration of love normally gets the idea across.
That only works if a guy has made up his mind that he's physically attracted to you. If he's not, it will put him off even more and if he is, you'll come across as a bit dumb and easy... just a bit of advice!

On a different note, I always struggle not to show interest. I often end up with girls I like a bit but who I show little interest in, in a way that makes me look broody. As I'm comfortable and natural around such girls, they often get attracted. With girls I really like, I'm a nervous idiot who messes things up. :mad:
Anonymous #1
Mental note..."Don't drink too much vodka at this party!".

As for touching more, well my main hunch that he might be interested is that we are both a bit touchy-feely with each other. We will hug quite a lot, touch unnecessarily and so on. But as I said, I've known him 2 weeks so he could just be fairly flirty with every girl he meets. Lots of the girls think he's adorable, so he does act the player a bit at work. But I know from talking to him that his most recent girlfriend was a 5 year relationship & he totally isn't the player type.

I don't want to come on too strong because I'm not even sure if he's interested. This will be one of our first social situations together outside of work so maybe I'll just have to be patient and see what unfolds when everyone is letting off steam.
ladygrey
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Using your eyes is great... I don't know... sometimes you get that "eye laughing" chemistry with someone, and its great... and you both sort of know what's up. sigh...
Anonymous #1
*sigh* yes I know what you mean. We spent the whole day flirting our arses off...so I'm hoping he really is interested. Makes the potential asking out a bit less intimidating.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (551)
37.84%
No - but I will (114)
7.83%
No - I don't want to (102)
7.01%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (689)
47.32%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise