Ocr A2 Law (criminal): Offical Thread! Watch

This discussion is closed.
Number14
Badges: 0
Report 12 years ago
I'm having trouble taking in everything ive revised for criminal law 1 and 2.
Does anyone have areas that i should revise for these two areas and that could possibly come up?
Ben_Stephenson
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
If you read the thread; you will notice that duress is very likely for criminal 2.
Nicci1187
Report 12 years ago
What time has every1 been told for criminal law 2 exam on monday? ive just been to double check and my times have changed!!!!
*lulu7*
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Nicci1187)
What time has every1 been told for criminal law 2 exam on monday? ive just been to double check and my times have changed!!!!
10.30 for me crim 2 is.. i have got crim 1 at 9.00.....
Nicci1187
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by lulu7)
right...

i have learnt for definate and am confident on:

consent
criminal damage
duress and necessity
intention
automatism
causation
self-defence
burglary
robbery

left to revise::: i have got:

intox
attempts
theft act
coincidence of actus reus and mens rea
mistake
assault and battery
manslaughter
DResponsibility

^^^^ can anyone spot any RELEVANT topics that i have left out.. i know strict liability is not up there and provocation and participation.... anything else??
I didn't notice ABH s47 or GBH s20 or s18. You don't wanna leave those out
Nicci1187
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by lulu7)
Oh my god i'm really confused now coz we were originally told 10.30 but ive just phoned up my college and they siad it's been changed to 1pm and we can't have the same exams at different times...
Multiplexed
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by lulu7)
10:30?! I thought, Criminal Law 2 was at 1:00pm.
Nicci1187
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Multiplexed)
10:30?! I thought, Criminal Law 2 was at 1:00pm.
Thats what ive just been told its changed to. Its up all you guys but it might be worth all checking with ur exams office at college. We've all got to take it at the same time so its worth knowing!
*lulu7*
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
oh it'll be dif for you lot! lol..... cus i had to change mine.. because there was a clash of exams... i have three exams on mon.. two law ones in the morn and media in afternoon.. so don't listen to me !! ha
zoea85
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
My time has always been at 1.30 as far as I'm aware... you have to be there at 1.15 though. I was about to get really excited that all you lot could log on here and give me the questions if you had it in the morning lol.
Dave_G03
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Good afternoon, how is every1s revision going... not long now... :mad:

Im revising for criminal law one and thought id ask what are the chances of Corporate Manslaughter coming up?

Ive got both The Storey and Lidbury Book and the Phillip Allen book (which is supposedly written by Chris Turner the chief examiner) and doesnt contain anything on corporate manslaughter, where as the Storey and Lidbury one does.... (But isnt mr storey a chief examiner as well lol?)???????

:tsr2:
Dave_G03
Rep:
?
23 Minutes Ago 15:47
lulu7 oh it'll be dif for you lot! lol..... cus i had to change mine.. because there was a clash of exams... i have three exams on mon.. two law ones in the morn and media in afternoon.. so don't listen to me !! ha
I have exactly the same exams Is yours med 6 or Med4?
Ben_Stephenson
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Yeah, Tony Storey is; corporate manslaughter is less likely than constructive, gross negligent and reckless, I would have thought.
Nicci1187
Report 12 years ago
I think you're more likely to get a question on gross negligence manslaughter or constructive manslaughter before you'd get one on corporate manslaughter. It might just be worth knowing the basic point tho
sonya_p
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
mines at 1:30.
y are they all at different times?
Dave_G03
Rep:
?
Yeah i will do, i think its pretty safe not to bother learning it tho cos its not been on any exam (that im aware of) and if one of the text books doesnt have it in then fook it... reminds me of chan fook (omg its just law law law law law law law law)
Dave_G03
Rep:
?
cos each centre can choose when to start thier exams... i think they have like a timescale in which they can start an exam so that by the time the earliest centre has finished all other centre's exams will have begun - if you get me. I would imagine this is the case as it would stop people ringing up mates from other centres after thier 1hr exam at 1pm to tell them the answer for thier 2.30 pm start!

I always imagine being an exams officer is such a boring job.
sonya_p
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Dave_G03)
cos each centre can choose when to start thier exams... i think they have like a timescale in which they can start an exam so that by the time the earliest centre has finished all other centre's exams will have begun - if you get me. I would imagine this is the case as it would stop people ringing up mates from other centres after thier 1hr exam at 1pm to tell them the answer for thier 2.30 pm start!

I always imagine being an exams officer is such a boring job.

guess that makes sense.
*lulu7*
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Dave_G03)
I have exactly the same exams Is yours med 6 or Med4?
med 6 last one synoptic.. im not allowed out! i have to be supervised at all times.. so i dnt tel my fellow law students in my clas the q.s!! haha.. gna be atough day..
*lulu7*
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
hey.. i am finding it really difficult to remember and memorise the causation points of law because all of the terminology is similar in each point!!!

any tips, acrostic poems.. ahh need help

i have got to learn these:

D's conduct is a sine qua "but for" cause.

D's conduct does not have to be the main cause of a result but must be more than minimally contribute to it

The accelaration principle states that ending someone's life prematurely, even if they were dieing, results in murder convictions

Medical treatment is also seen as a 'third party' cause. an intervening event between D's act and result may result in breaking the chain of causation

an intervening event will not break the chain of causation if D's conduct and result is still operative and substantial cause.

the intervening event must be potent and independant of D's actions in order for D's actions to seem insignificant

intervening event will not break the chain of causation if it is dependent on D's conduct

an attempt by V to escape D's intended conduct does not break the chain of causation id it reasonable and forseeable

abnormality of V does not break chain of causation

if D commits a number of dif acts and the prosecution cannot prove which act caused the specified result, then D must be aqcuitted, unless the mens rea accompanied all the acts

the actions of V himself may also cause issues to arise when deciding D's liability. under the category of "fright or flight"

cases of self-neglect cause the courts to Q. D's liability..
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (443)
37.86%
No - but I will (88)
7.52%
No - I don't want to (80)
6.84%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (559)
47.78%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise