Ocr A2 Law (criminal): Offical Thread! Watch

This discussion is closed.
zoea85
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Ben_Stephenson)
Yeah, I have revision notes for all topics, Crim 1, Crim 2, and special study, but unfortunately they are only wrote down.

It's very likely that Duress and Consent will be the essay questions on paper 2
I also think that the synoptic paper will be;

Q1. Stat Int - particular focus on purposive approach
Q2. Case - Possibly Corcoran v Anderton;
Q3. Development - either what is a building (Walkington, Laing, Seekings & Gould, Leathley v Beauley) or trespass (various judge comments, and the civil definition)
Q4. 3 Burglary scenarios (far more likely due to their being 2 burglary offences, S. 9(1)a, and 9(1)b.

Would that appear logical?

If anyone would like revision notes please give me a shout!

Ooo I'm liking your predictions, I like predictions

Consent came up last June though, (according to the list my teacher wrote anyway) so I would have thought that would be less likely...:confused: I wouldn't mind if it did though because I have an essay for that which I got a decent mark for, but how come you think it's likely?

My predictions for Crim law 2 are non fatal offences, duress, perhaps theft? Although I read (on here I think) that the examiners said they aren't going to set them on theft anymore because noone does them.

For Special study, I would love it to be burglary for Q4 I just seem to have got my head round that more than robbery, probably because I spent more time trying to get my head around the whole 9(1) a and 9 (1) b differences and there is a lot more to say.

I think I'll do a couple of practice answers for corcoran and maybe clouden or something when I get the time and maybe put it on here and see if we can come up with a perfect answer we can all memorise lol!
*lulu7*
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
people who did criminal law 1 in jan.. any predictions what could come on the crim 1 law paper for me on mon????
Nicci1187
Badges: 0
Report 12 years ago
I think duress is very likely but I don't think consent will be an essay because it was on the paper in january or last june (can't remember which). The question was about consent in relation to the non-fatal offences. I think the essays could be any out of duress, mistake, criminal damage or the reform of the non-fatals. Non of those 4 have been an essay for at least 2 years.
Nicci1187
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by lulu7)
people who did criminal law 1 in jan.. any predictions what could come on the crim 1 law paper for me on mon????
Not got predictions as such but I think you would be safe to leave out strict liabilty. Just really don't risk leaving out murder or manslaughter coz they always come up. Good Luck! Is it a re-sit you're doing?
*lulu7*
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Nicci1187)
Not got predictions as such but I think you would be safe to leave out strict liabilty. Just really don't risk leaving out murder or manslaughter coz they always come up. Good Luck! Is it a re-sit you're doing?
no nt a resit.. we just didn't have the option to do crim1 in jan.. wish we had tho.. would have taken the pressure off on mon.. cus i have 3 exams all 2gevs on mon! ahh.. thanks.. thats good news to hear about strict liability.. the ONE topic i avnt made revision notes on cus i dnt get it lol xx
Nicci1187
Report 12 years ago
Does anybody have notes on the reform of criminal damage? I've only got evaluation not reforms! Thanks
*lulu7*
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
my teacher is a law teacher and sociology teacher for 6 years..and a marker.. and she even says to this day.. she can see the patterns and predict sociology but law baffles her :P.. soo i think we should be really careful predicting.. but always makes people feel better
Nicci1187
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by lulu7)
no nt a resit.. we just didn't have the option to do crim1 in jan.. wish we had tho.. would have taken the pressure off on mon.. cus i have 3 exams all 2gevs on mon! ahh.. thanks.. thats good news to hear about strict liability.. the ONE topic i avnt made revision notes on cus i dnt get it lol xx
Oh my god thats is horrible! Well strict liabilty was on in january but I can't remember the other essay :confused: (help anyone lol) I'm sure the problems in jan focused mainly on murder, don't take that as definate fact but i just think I remember it so it might be worth doing a lot of work for manslaughter!Actually I just remember I did answer a murder problem and was happy coz I hated manslaughter so I would focus a lot on that, you know Gross Negligence and Constructive...
Nicci1187
Report 12 years ago
Do you think its hard to see patterns in law? I don't really, I've managed to predict every exam since AS and at least one of the predictions has come up (touch wood lol it'l all go wrong for me now)
*lulu7*
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Oh my god thats is horrible! Well strict liabilty was on in january but I can't remember the other essay :confused: (help anyone lol) I'm sure the problems in jan focused mainly on murder, don't take that as definate fact but i just think I remember it so it might be worth doing a lot of work for manslaughter!Actually I just remember I did answer a murder problem and was happy coz I hated manslaughter so I would focus a lot on that, you know Gross Negligence and Constructive...
i want to do the murder q. im really weak and not confident at all on the manslaughter constructiv etc!!... u got any revision notes for insanity.. u want me to put my criminal damage notes up???
Ben_Stephenson
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by zoea85)
Ooo I'm liking your predictions, I like predictions

Consent came up last June though, (according to the list my teacher wrote anyway) so I would have thought that would be less likely...:confused: I wouldn't mind if it did though because I have an essay for that which I got a decent mark for, but how come you think it's likely?

My predictions for Crim law 2 are non fatal offences, duress, perhaps theft? Although I read (on here I think) that the examiners said they aren't going to set them on theft anymore because noone does them.

For Special study, I would love it to be burglary for Q4 I just seem to have got my head round that more than robbery, probably because I spent more time trying to get my head around the whole 9(1) a and 9 (1) b differences and there is a lot more to say.

I think I'll do a couple of practice answers for corcoran and maybe clouden or something when I get the time and maybe put it on here and see if we can come up with a perfect answer we can all memorise lol!

I don't know how they can think of 3 robbery questions which aren't similar, with burglary you can have the Walkington scenario (building), the Jones and Smith (exceeding consent), and Collins (trespass). For robbery all I could think of is the continuing act aspect (Hale) and perhaps force (Corcoran v Anderton, Dawson).
The main aspect that makes me think burglary is more likely is the actus reus/mens rea aspects, 9(1)a, 9 (1)b. However, what is essential to remember is that with 1(a) the defendant does not actually have to steal anything to commit burglary, he must merely hold the relevant intent (to steal, to inflict GBH, or to do some criminal damage). However, under 9(1)b, the defendant commits burglary where on entry, he either steals or inflicts GBH, or attempts either of the two; criminal damage is NOT included. (I've no idea why, it just isn't under the TA).
Nicci1187
Report 12 years ago
If you wouldn't mind it'd be gr8 to look through your criminal damage notes, I'm trying to revise it now :confused:
I haven't made any notes for anything I've just got a load of books that I read out of.
How much of insanity do you know?
Nicci1187
Report 12 years ago
I don't know how they can think of 3 robbery questions which aren't similar, with burglary you can have the Walkington scenario (building), the Jones and Smith (exceeding consent), and Collins (trespass). For robbery all I could think of is the continuing act aspect (Hale) and perhaps force (Corcoran v Anderton, Dawson).
The main aspect that makes me think burglary is more likely is the actus reus/mens rea aspects, 9(1)a, 9 (1)b. However, what is essential to remember is that with 1(a) the defendant does not actually have to steal anything to commit burglary, he must merely hold the relevant intent (to steal, to inflict GBH, or to do some criminal damage). However, under 9(1)b, the defendant commits burglary where on entry, he either steals or inflicts GBH, or attempts either of the two; criminal damage is NOT included. (I've no idea why, it just isn't under the TA).
Burglary does seem to make more sense as the 3 scenarios, like you say there is more to write but the last synoptic exam paper I'm sure involved burgalry scenarios so I don't know if that means it's our turn to get robbery!
Ben_Stephenson
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Criminal paper 1 (Jan, 2006) was;

Essays;
Strict Liability
Parties to a Crime

Problems;
Murder - intention and causation
Murder - partial defences.

Involuntary manslaughter is looking likely in June, plus possibly a partial defence as an essay (I reckon provocation).
Ben_Stephenson
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Burglary does seem to make more sense as the 3 scenarios, like you say there is more to write but the last synoptic exam paper I'm sure involved burgalry scenarios so I don't know if that means it's our turn to get robbery!
The last two special studies have both been burglary. It seems far more logical, especially with the split.
Nicci1187
Report 12 years ago
http://sixthformlaw.info/05_navigati...pics_crime.htm
This site may be useful for a few extra notes!
zoea85
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Hey Law should be given it's own board! We have about 154 replies for god's sake!
Nicci1187
Report 12 years ago
The last two special studies have both been burglary. It seems far more logical, especially with the split.
Totally off the topic for 1 second (sorry every1) but ive noticed you do media. What exam board is that with?
*lulu7*
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by zoea85)
Hey Law should be given it's own board! We have about 154 replies for god's sake!
ino its ridiculous that it hasn't got one yet!!
zoea85
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
http://sixthformlaw.info/05_navigati...pics_crime.htm
This site may be useful for a few extra notes!
wow, that site is really useful! Thanx for linking it!
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (130)
38.69%
No - but I will (19)
5.65%
No - I don't want to (25)
7.44%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (162)
48.21%

Watched Threads