The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

Cavendish Place Manchester

Hi there!! Starting MMU in September to do textiles in practise. Anyone staying at Cavendish Place with Unite? I'm almost the only first year there at the moment. Anyone other first years staying there too?

Scroll to see replies

Hey! :smile: I'm starting this September too. Studying Business Management and staying in Cavendish Place. It seems to be predominantly 2nd and 3rd years, although thankfully a first year has just joined my flat *phew*
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
Reply 2
Ah fab!! Yeaah I know, although there do seem to be more first years appearing these last couple of weeks which is good :smile: I have three first years in the same flat as me at the moment. So excited! What flat are you in? Im A3.
Oh good! I'm in Flat A2 :biggrin: So far there's 1 other first year with me, and 2 second years which isn't so bad. Good to know there's more first years in the same block!
Reply 4
i'm staying at cavendish place, and i'm a first year
i'll be in flat A1, getting pretty nervous now
Reply 5
I'm in Cavendish Place flat A2 as well! First year too :biggrin:
Reply 6
Ah great! :smile: Where are you guys from and what are you studying?
Original post by emfeth
I'm in Cavendish Place flat A2 as well! First year too :biggrin:

Ooo awesome :biggrin: When are you moving in? I've moved some stuff in, but I'm going to move in on the 20th.
Reply 8
i'm just across the way then, i've moved in today but my flatmates are quite quiet. feel free to pop over when you arrive, i'm flat A1, room A
As long as it's okay with my flatmates, I might see if we can do a flat party or something? That way we can get to know people at least within our block? :smile: I'm coming up today to move more stuff in, hopefully someone's moved into my flat now ^-^
Original post by x-Natalie-x
As long as it's okay with my flatmates, I might see if we can do a flat party or something? That way we can get to know people at least within our block? :smile: I'm coming up today to move more stuff in, hopefully someone's moved into my flat now ^-^

Flat party's a great idea! Im in A3 and my friend has just moved into the same flat and is on her own with another girl who wont come out of her bedroom :s-smilie: Hopefully a little party will get everyone to come out of their shells!
Original post by ZoeLLewthwaite
Flat party's a great idea! Im in A3 and my friend has just moved into the same flat and is on her own with another girl who wont come out of her bedroom :s-smilie: Hopefully a little party will get everyone to come out of their shells!

Aw, must feel pretty crappy when people hibernate in their rooms like that!
I've invested in a door stop, that way I can keep my bedroom door open, and I don't look super anti-social if i'm in there :colondollar: Good idea if I do say so myself.

Once i've moved in, i'll knock on and say hey. :smile: But I think a flat party will loosen people up a bit!
Reply 12
heyy girlies!! im in flat a3 now! anyone moved in yet??? feeling so lonely! a girls just moved into the room next to me but she hasnt come out when ive been out :/ xxxx
Reply 13
Flat party sounds like a sound idea :smile: I'm moving in on the 21st, I've not even had a look around so I'm going in completely blind, hope it's nice!
Original post by emfeth
Flat party sounds like a sound idea :smile: I'm moving in on the 21st, I've not even had a look around so I'm going in completely blind, hope it's nice!

Well I've checked out my room/our kitchen and it's pretty nice! I'll be moving in on the 21st too, so i'll see you then! :biggrin:

If any of you are going to MMU, have you bought the Freshers Wristband? :rolleyes:
Reply 15
Original post by tabathalee
heyy girlies!! im in flat a3 now! anyone moved in yet??? feeling so lonely! a girls just moved into the room next to me but she hasnt come out when ive been out :/ xxxx

yeah i'm here! i'm just in flat A1 and my housemates don't come out of their room either
pop round and say hello if you want !
Reply 16
Well I've checked out my room/our kitchen and it's pretty nice! I'll be moving in on the 21st too, so i'll see you then! :biggrin:

If any of you are going to MMU, have you bought the Freshers Wristband? :rolleyes:

i'm defo up for a flat party! worried i won't make any mates here

i'm going to mmu too but haven't bought a wrist band, just going to play it by ear
Original post by hollhorner
i'm defo up for a flat party! worried i won't make any mates here

i'm going to mmu too but haven't bought a wrist band, just going to play it by ear

I thought the same thing initially, being in private accommodation..But I think if we get to know people in the flats around us we'll be fine :colondollar: I hope.

I think you've got the right idea playing it by ear. I went ahead and bought one and kind of regret it now as I'll probably not be going to all their events since there's so many other things going on in Manchester!
Have you all got facebook? Maybe it will be a good idea to make a facebook event thing so we can talk to eachother easily. Dont know much about this Student Room thing and the security or whatever about telling each others names, haha. Sounds silly but it might be easier to arrange something :smile:
Good Idea! I'll private message you all my fb. Feel free to add :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending