Markings from a dream. Watch

This discussion is closed.
Eru Iluvatar
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
Okay, this is going to be rather surreal, and possibly unbelievable, but its true, i assure you.
Last night i had this totally freaky dream.
That isn't really the issue though, so i'll skip past that.
Basically, i ended up shooting fireballs out of my hands and stuff.
Totally stupid, i know.
But i woke up this morning with 9 circles, and they looked like they were actually burnt onto my hand.
They've faded now, but are still clearly visible, making me think they weren't burns, but i've got no idea what they were.
And i checked this morning, and there wasn't anything that i hurt my hand on, that i could find, and i don't think it was that anyway, because the shape of them was really... peculiar. It wasn't the shape of stuff that would be about to hurt your hand on.

Anyway, i just posted this to see if anyone could think of anything i haven't.
I do believe in the paranormal sort of stuff, but have only experienced this a couple of times before, and they haven't been so... well, wierd before.

I don't really expect any sort of viable explanation, but i'm interested to hear from others what, exactly, could be hapenning.
Buttons
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Iluvatar)
But i woke up this morning with 9 circles, and they looked like they were actually burnt onto my hand.
They've faded now, but are still clearly visible, making me think they weren't burns, but i've got no idea what they were.
And i checked this morning, and there wasn't anything that i hurt my hand on, that i could find, and i don't think it was that anyway, because the shape of them was really... peculiar. It wasn't the shape of stuff that would be about to hurt your hand on.
Eeek, scary!

Do you sleep walk? Cos I used to sleep walk and empty the contents of my school bag into my bed. I would wake up with books and biros under the duvet...really weird and quite scary that obviously I couldn't remember doing it.

Maybe you slept walk and hurt your hands on something around the house?
Eru Iluvatar
Rep:
?
(Original post by Buttons)
Eeek, scary!

Do you sleep walk? Cos I used to sleep walk and empty the contents of my school bag into my bed. I would wake up with books and biros under the duvet...really weird and quite scary that obviously I couldn't remember doing it.

Maybe you slept walk and hurt your hands on something around the house?
No, i don't sleep walk.
And i know that even if i did, the way the marks were left on there, and the sort of layout they had, that nothing that's in the house would make the markings.
txt_eva
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I once had a nightmare about wolves... I woke and my hands had teeth marks all over, like i did in the dream... and no I didn't bite myself...

It's just one of those weird thing.s
Insatiable
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Am I alone in thinking that's actually pretty cool?
Eru Iluvatar
Rep:
?
(Original post by Insatiable)
Well, it is a bit, but... well, its happened before, but it feels different to how it was then.
Theres... something to it, i think, but i've got no idea what.
Eru Iluvatar
Rep:
?
(Original post by txt_eva)
I once had a nightmare about wolves... I woke and my hands had teeth marks all over, like i did in the dream... and no I didn't bite myself...

It's just one of those weird thing.s
Yeah, but have you ever thought how or why these things happen.
And it isn't like internal pain or anything, its visible, and really obvious.
Eru Iluvatar
Rep:
?
But apparently, as nobodies really got anything to say about it, yeah, you are probably the only one pretty much.
Insatiable
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
But apparently, as nobodies really got anything to say about it, yeah, you are probably the only one pretty much.
That's too bad.
txt_eva
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago

I did think about it... it happened about 10 years ago now...

I'd like to know but i'm not sure it's explainable
Eru Iluvatar
Rep:
?
(Original post by txt_eva)

I did think about it... it happened about 10 years ago now...

I'd like to know but i'm not sure it's explainable
10 years ago...
The problem with things like this, is that they may not actually of happened.
Its easy to think they did, but maybe they didn't actually happen, and it was just imagination or something.

But, maybe it did happen. I don't know personally, but i am always predispositioned to be slightly dubious of things that happened that long ago.

Anyway, i think there is an explanation, but all the ones i come up with are a little far fetched to be true. Thats why i wondered whether anyone else had any ideas.
Eru Iluvatar
Rep:
?
That's too bad.
Yeah, i suppose. But alot of people have a problem with things they have no real understanding of, and prefer not to even think about them.
DazYa
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
Okay, this is going to be rather surreal, and possibly unbelievable, but its true, i assure you.
Last night i had this totally freaky dream.
That isn't really the issue though, so i'll skip past that.
Basically, i ended up shooting fireballs out of my hands and stuff.
Totally stupid, i know.

Anyway, i just posted this to see if anyone could think of anything i haven't.
I do believe in the paranormal sort of stuff, but have only experienced this a couple of times before, and they haven't been so... well, wierd before.

I don't really expect any sort of viable explanation, but i'm interested to hear from others what, exactly, could be hapenning.
lol sweet
Eru Iluvatar
Rep:
?
(Original post by DazYa12)
lol sweet
Well, it would be, if... well, i wasn't so scared about it.
I've got a really bad feeling, that i cant shake off, that something significants going to happen...
DazYa
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
Well, it would be, if... well, i wasn't so scared about it.
I've got a really bad feeling, that i cant shake off, that something significants going to happen...
i should not worry about it man, i read everything you in about 3 seconds.. and from what i read it seems as though you'll be ok in a weeks time max.
Eru Iluvatar
Rep:
?
i should not worry about it man, i read everything you in about 3 seconds.. and from what i read it seems as though you'll be ok in a weeks time max.
Well, hopefully.
But when i get these sorts of feelings about stuff, i'm not often wrong.
DazYa
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
Well, hopefully.
But when i get these sorts of feelings about stuff, i'm not often wrong.
well i hope good things come your way.... your one of the good people on this forum
Eru Iluvatar
Rep:
?
well i hope good things come your way.... your one of the good people on this forum
Well, of course, i hope so too, but they just never seem to for me to be honest.
But i certainly wouldn't call myself good.
Crazy, most certainly. Wierd definately, but not good.
Trousers
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Weird. Very weird.

Perhaps you should think of it the other way round. You're thinking "what caused the marks?" - Why not "What caused the dream?"

If you had hurt your hands on something, that would explain why you're shooting fire from your hands in your dream - your subconscious is attempting to account for the pain you're feeling. It makes a lot more sense that way.

Are you sure you hadn't trapped your hands under your body? Perhaps the marks were from the springs in your mattress?
Eru Iluvatar
Rep:
?
(Original post by Trousers)
Weird. Very weird.

Perhaps you should think of it the other way round. You're thinking "what caused the marks?" - Why not "What caused the dream?"

If you had hurt your hands on something, that would explain why you're shooting fire from your hands in your dream - your subconscious is attempting to account for the pain you're feeling. It makes a lot more sense that way.

Are you sure you hadn't trapped your hands under your body? Perhaps the marks were from the springs in your mattress?
No, i checked straight away.
My matress wouldn't leave marks like this, and neither would having my hands under my body.
They are really,,, unusual.

But i know that it was part of the dream what happened. But, i don't really want to go into that now, to be honest. Firstly, i've got a lesson to go to, and anyway... its kinda embarrasing
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have grade requirements for your sixth form/college?

At least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (24)
17.39%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 5 (22)
15.94%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (29)
21.01%
Higher than 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (55)
39.86%
Pass in English and Maths GCSE (2)
1.45%
No particular grades needed (6)
4.35%