Gahhh, my head is being messed up. Watch

generalebriety
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Recently I've gone through a very stupid patch, which I thought I'd share with you all.

Firstly, I'm normally very observant and so on and yet recently I've just turned dumb. I'm not noticing anything really, except that everything seems less interesting. Then someone draws my attention to something they just said and I have to admit that I don't remember them saying it. Happens on msn as well as in real life. Also my work is plummeting, as is my motivation.

Secondly, I can't remember anything... in fact I've forgotten what I was going to write here. Damn it, will edit if I remember. How ironic.

Thirdly, I've gone dyslexic. I have a vague recollection of someone saying I was probably dyslexic when I was younger (although I am a very good speller), and in the last couple of weeks it's really come out. I know how to spell the words but keep writing them with the letters in the wrong order. My typing has become erratic, so that I end up typing "together" instead of "today", or lose the plot half way through a word and forget what I'm doing and one of my hands just freezes up.

Fourthly, I had an afternoon exam today (Edexcel, S1). So I woke up at about 11 and got a text off someone shortly afterwards, while I was still in bed. He asked how the maths exam went, clearly thinking I'd had a morning exam. So I somehow decided I'd already taken that exam (and that it had gone "fine", incidentally, although I didn't text back, but I was going to), put my phone down, and went back to sleep. I woke up at 1pm and basically ran to school. Was funny afterwards though.

Just thought people would like to know. Anyone any idea what's causing this? It's not exams because it started before those, and it's certainly not stress because I'm not doing anything! Ah well, thought I'd share another interesting episode of my life with you all.

Happy exam-period to you all. French and Spanish tomorrow. Bah!
big dog
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
mate sounds like ur havin arough time wot i would do talk to ur examing officer tell em wot the situation has been like and then got to ur gp i know people hat going to gp but its better to be safe than sorry. as for motivation jus think when u get ur results in august wot u wana feel like not whot would u feel if u dont work and get bad results

safe hope u take it easy lol jus under a lot of stresss probably talking helps!
benisright
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Go to your Doctor. Thats all i advise! Your right, it sounds messed up.
generalebriety
Rep:
?
Thanks, but to be honest, I don't think it is stress. I mean, it might be, but it's certainly not exam-related stress. I never get stressed over exams, and if anything, I've done better this year than ever before.

As for stress, my examinations officer threw my French oral tape out by mistake.
benisright
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
i didnt say it was stress...i just think your GP will be better examining you than you self-examining.
big dog
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by generalebriety)
Thanks, but to be honest, I don't think it is stress. I mean, it might be, but it's certainly not exam-related stress. I never get stressed over exams, and if anything, I've done better this year than ever before.

As for stress, my examinations officer threw my French oral tape out by mistake.
man, serious no harm inn talking to ur gp? if u dont wana talk to ur gp talk to ur dad or mum who ever u prefer but let em know how u feel, ull be suprised ull feel much better an by the way u aint taking any medicines u should nt be? lol
generalebriety
Rep:
?
I know you didn't. I wasn't talking to you. You hadn't posted by the time I started writing my reply... but I have nothing extra to say to you really. But thanks for the concern.
generalebriety
Rep:
?
(Original post by big dog)
man, serious no harm inn talking to ur gp? if u dont wana talk to ur gp talk to ur dad or mum who ever u prefer but let em know how u feel, ull be suprised ull feel much better an by the way u aint taking any medicines u should nt be? lol
Waaaa people talking too fast. Actually I can't stand any of those people but nah, I've talked to my friends about it, I didn't expect to suddenly get better, and I haven't. No big deal. Just thought I'd share my thoughts. Nope, no medicines at all, by the way. Don't even take paracetamol when I have a headache. Not my style.
benisright
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Go to the doctor!

Jesus i dont want to have to get you worried, but there is always the chance that it could be something very serious and therefore the quicker you get checked out the better.
generalebriety
Rep:
?
Feel free to worry me so I don't just think you're worrying needlessly.
big dog
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
hope its nothin serious but man id jus wana say dont say we didnt warn ya! chill
Jenna Leicester
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Hey,
I sympathise with you hun. I went through the same patch last summer. Although I am a little older than you, I think that my situation was just with things catching up with me, it's hard to explain!
I was going a bit too fast for myself, had a bit going on but I think it was subconsciously, if that makes sense?
I was feeling quite lonely, felt as though I had drifted away from home friends (I'm at Uni) and had little purpose. I was down because I thought nobody found me attractive, and had been dumped. But it didn't occur to me at the time. I thought I was alright, and had no reason to be stressed.
Perhaps even if there is something really little at the back of your mind it might be manifesting itself in your behaviour? I took a big step back and had a think about everything that I thought might have been niggling at me and with some help from my friends and family I addressed my problems.
I know this probably makes no sense and doesn't help, but I do sympathise.
Jen
generalebriety
Rep:
?
Little? There's plenty 'niggling' at the back of my mind. Thing is it's been there for ages now and I've never been stressed over it like this... I get angry occasionally, and of course sometimes stressed, but I can always tell. It doesn't affect my concentration in school or at home though, much less my ability to spell (school 'spellathon' champion, woo! ...). I have similar 'problems' to you. My friends are being idiots and so on, although I'm still constantly around them. But I put that down to exam stress and don't blame them really.

I honestly don't think I'm stressed right now. Look at me, it's 3:16am and I have four exams tomorrow and I'm on TSR. I've never been more relaxed around exam times. I'm doing really well and those of my friends who aren't idiots are being really supportive and nicer than usual. I'm having a great time, which not many people can say about exams. But the thing that worried me was actually thinking that I had taken that S1 paper, and moreover, imagining how well I'd actually done on it. Can stress even do that to you?
Timeslikethese
Badges:
Report 12 years ago
You're just getting worked up over exams and your mind (subconsciously) is elsewhere. Set aside a weekend in which you do nothing but relax. You'll feel better, recharged and better able to cope.

Exam stress is hard, especially at this stage of your life. Don't let it get to you. As long as you do your best, nobody can expect any more from you. Relaxation is the key.
xXxSimixXx
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
:hugs: Try not to worry too much hun, just visit your Doctor and see what happens. In the mean time take thing a bit slow and dont stress yourself out too much,take time out for yourself and chill for a while. Hope u get better soon. x
generalebriety
Rep:
?
Trust me, I know when it's exam stress. It's not exam stress. It would only be exam stress if I was doing at all badly in these exams... which I'm not. (Yet?)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (260)
38.86%
No - but I will (46)
6.88%
No - I don't want to (49)
7.32%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (314)
46.94%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise