What areas should a girl shave? Watch

Poll: Which areas of a woman do you think need shaved/plucked/waxed/etc?
Legs (149)
23.03%
Underarm (148)
22.87%
Bikini area (114)
17.62%
Forearm (excluding underarm) (45)
6.96%
Facial hair (chin, upper lip waxing, etc) (105)
16.23%
Eyebrows (57)
8.81%
No where needs to be bare (19)
2.94%
Other (please suggest other areas below) (10)
1.55%
Rainingshame
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Honestly no where is really that much of an issue except facial hair and mono brow area. Hairy legs wouldn't be too nice either on second thoughts.
llessur123
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Personally I like to be completely hairless everywhere below my eyelashes.
Messalina
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by EmmaBurton)
Shaven head, hairy body. You're gay, right?
No, my sexuality is my business. Besides, would it matter if I were gay?
und3niable_
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
My legs have the tiniest bit of hair and are really smooth so I will never shave them
EmmaBurton
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by edithwashere)
No, my sexuality is my business. Besides, would it matter if I were gay?
I'm not saying there's anything wrong with being gay, just that your idea of shaving your head but letting everything else go hairy would be pretty radical for a straight girl but not for a bull dyke.
Messalina
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'm not saying there's anything wrong with being gay, just that your idea of shaving your head but letting everything else go hairy would be pretty radical for a straight girl but not for a bull dyke.
How insightful of you. Since I'm not straight or gay, I don't think I can fit into any of your stereotypical ideals of appearance based upon sexual orientation. Also, that would imply that straight girls don't shave their heads because of how men will react to it. Whilst I've gotten a lot of hate for deciding to shave my head, I've also received a surprising amount of interest from guys who find a shaved head a real turn on. So there's that.
Roflcopterlady
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I don't think anybody needs to shave anywhere they don't actively want to shave, and that includes all genders. If you'd like to shave, regardless of your gender, and if you're genuinely doing it for your own aesthetics rather than social pressure, then I'm all for that. However I'm a bit confused as to why hair on women is unsightly whereas that same hair on men doesn't seem to rile people much, particularly with regards to underarm hair... surely it's just hair? Or am I missing something here?
Jimbo1234
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Underarms, legs, lips if they have a nice tash growing (no one likes a tickler), and bikini area. Eyebrows look better if plucked properly, though most girls can get away with little done as they are not hairy.
Care-Free
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by eliza.anne)
I once shaved my eyebrows :facepalm: Never again.

Anyway I shave everywhere that I get hair really. Every week/2 weeks if I'm feeling lazy

Posted from TSR Mobile
i accidently veeted my eyebrows smothered it all over my legs and then wiped my forehead.
Precious Illusions
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Care-Free)
i accidently veeted my eyebrows smothered it all over my legs and then wiped my forehead.
Awh! Veet burns me :lol: I would have had bright red strips where my eyebrows are. I just thought my eyebrows were too thick and went at them with an electric razor...they were grey! :getmecoat:
ArtGoblin
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I think people should do whatever they like with their body hair. It should be one of the areas where we should be utterly free to decide what we want to do with it, but unfortunately some people feel it's their duty to tell other people what's acceptable. That's one of the reasons why I keep my body hair. And yeah, I am proud of making that decision as it was difficult because of the stigma about female body hair.
Charlottelt
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by ArtGoblin)
I think people should do whatever they like with their body hair. It should be one of the areas where we should be utterly free to decide what we want to do with it, but unfortunately some people feel it's their duty to tell other people what's acceptable. That's one of the reasons why I keep my body hair. And yeah, I am proud of making that decision as it was difficult because of the stigma about female body hair.
You make a very good point. The key word in all this is that people should do whatever THEY like with their body hair. If that means all off or none off or anywhere in between then that's totally fine. The problem occurs when a woman's body is being dictated by something else be it pressure from friends, bullies, family, men or the media. When you let any of these people dictate YOUR time, YOUR money and YOUR personal appearance then something has gone very wrong.
TenOfThem
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
other = wherever she wants to
Care-Free
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by eliza.anne)
Awh! Veet burns me :lol: I would have had bright red strips where my eyebrows are. I just thought my eyebrows were too thick and went at them with an electric razor...they were grey! :getmecoat:
It did burn them they looked rather sore for a while!
Tiger 1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
To guys who think girls can’t have hair on their body besides their heads:
Then you shave everything
Long leg hair is not very attractive and men especially have very long leg hair
And a bunch of armpit hair is so ew a little is ok but a bunch is a no
And belly hair is so gross
A lot of girls already feel very self conscious about there body and comments like that make it no better
Tiger 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Why because girls can’t do crazy things
Lilli22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Tiger 1)
Why because girls can’t do crazy things
I don't think you're going to get a response anytime soon.
Tiger 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Lilligant22)
I don't think you're going to get a response anytime soon.
I don’t care

And I did get a response just not from him. From you
Lilli22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Tiger 1)
I don’t care

And I did get a response just not from him. From you
oh no! i was tricked all along !!! !!
awkwardshortguy
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
TThey should shave my asscrack
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (157)
19.17%
Labour (417)
50.92%
Liberal Democrats (111)
13.55%
Green Party (45)
5.49%
Brexit Party (12)
1.47%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (4)
0.49%
SNP (14)
1.71%
Plaid Cymru (4)
0.49%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (6)
0.73%
SDLP (1)
0.12%
Ulster Unionist (4)