Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    is anyone out there doing languages at york?

ReputationRep:
    nope but considering for 2005 so youll have to let us know how you get on!
    ana xxx

ReputationRep:
    I'm going for French & Linguistics this October.

Just wondered if anyone is currently at York doing the LFA (Languages for All) qualification? I'm thinking of doing Arabic and Japanese, but I'm not so sure after looking at the leaflet I got on the O/D cause it says that the courses run through all half term holidays, which means I'd have to stay in Uni while all my mates go home .....

ReputationRep:
    hi yeh im goin for french and german (language and linguistics) this october.
    i didnt know that about the lfa, thats a bit annoying, im hoping to do russian.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cymruambyth)
    I'm going for French & Linguistics this October.

Just wondered if anyone is currently at York doing the LFA (Languages for All) qualification? I'm thinking of doing Arabic and Japanese, but I'm not so sure after looking at the leaflet I got on the O/D cause it says that the courses run through all half term holidays, which means I'd have to stay in Uni while all my mates go home .....
    Err... York doesn't have half term holidays... :confused: :confused:
    You don't have to be in the uni to take an LFA course, so it probably means school holidays.
    LFA courses run from about Week 3 of the first term to week 5 of the summer, except for Christmas and Easter holidays.

By the way, if you apply using the form in the info pack they send you over the summer, you must enclose the cheque in the reply, otherwise they WON'T reserve a place for you (only a problem on the more popular courses I guess, but it caught me out).

ReputationRep:
    can anyone tell me about the year abroad?
    what are yorks partner universities (in germany)?!

thanks
    ana xxx

ReputationRep:
    Is this true?

ReputationRep:
    hi i am going to be doing languages (english im afraid) and linguistics at york, looking forward to it now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anaïs)
    can anyone tell me about the year abroad?
    what are yorks partner universities (in germany)?!

thanks
    ana xxx

the year abroad basically u have to spend studying at a university, if ur only doing one language you spend the whole year there, it says in the prospectus the partner german unis are regensburg, braunschweig and erfurt (but don't know whereabouts they are!)

ReputationRep:
    I'm doin the German course aswell for the year abroad, don't know much about any of it really tho

ReputationRep:
    Hullo all!

Im doing Arabic at York on the languages for all scheme thingy. I wana go work in Egypt (as an Egyptologist) someday, so i figured I would need it

ReputationRep:
    Im doing a German lfa course, Level 2!

ReputationRep:
    I applied and sent the cheque to do Japanese level 2, I did NVQ1 and NVQ2 in it, that should be sufficient, I hope. :confused: :cool:

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.