The Student Room Group

This discussion is no longer active so you won't be able to reply.Check out other Related discussions

Flatmate spiked my drink

I've never really got on with my flatmate in halls- she's really rude, loud and messy. She's never taken our feelings into consideration when she brings back parties at 3am on worknights, and i had fallen out with her a few times because of this.
When i turned 18 not so long ago she asked if i wanted to join her and her friends on a night out, so i said yes cause it would be my first club, and it was great. So i started to become friends with her and her friends, and trusted them as i'd gone out with them a few times since.

The last time i went out with them we pre-drank at our flat. I NEVER get drunk on smirnoff, ever. I only had two small drinks mixed with lemonade. I was telling one of the guys there about a CD so went to my room for literally 20 seconds to get it, leaving my drink on my kitchen table with people i'd become friends with a few weeks ago, and my flatmate there. It never even crossed my mind not to trust them as they were lovely people (apart from my flatmate anyway..) So came back and one of the guys watched me drink but i didn't think anything of it. Then i felt very drunk, not a normal kind of drunk though, more drugged. I couldn't stop laughing, uncontrollably at absolutely nothing. I was really embarrassing myself and couldn't control my actions at all. I'm a bit hazy but i remember talking nonsense and drawing cockroaches on sticky notes and tearing the leaves off of a pineapple.... this really isn't normal for me, and i did not drink nearly enough to be drunk. I went out leaving the others and just went with 1 guy to a club, but they wouldn't let me in. I ended up back in the flat at 1am, the others were all out and this guy fell asleep on my bed, i was exhausted and fell asleep too.

When my flatmate came home drunk she burst out laughing thinking i had sex with this guy, and i honestly didn't. i know i was in a bad way but i was way better and none of my clothes were off, i know for a fact i did not sleep with him, + i like girls but she doesn't know that.

The next morning i only started to wonder if they had put something in my drink, as i'd seen them with legal highs and weed before. I'm sure i remember seeing pills at the start of the night but no one took any in front of me and i trusted them. Does this sound like ecstasy? I've only smoked before, never taken any pills or done serious drugs, and never would. I'm really upset about this. It sounds like ecstasy from what i've heard. Did my friends risk my life for a joke, or this could have been my flatmate getting revenge for me asking her to keep the noise down at 5am? :/

Scroll to see replies

Wow she sounds a nasty piece of work what she did is totally out of order
Reply 2
"I NEVER get drunk on smirnoff, ever"

I guess this variety of drink doesn't contain ethanol...?
Why don't you pretend your ill and ask her

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
I've never really got on with my flatmate in halls- she's really rude, loud and messy. She's never taken our feelings into consideration when she brings back parties at 3am on worknights, and i had fallen out with her a few times because of this.
When i turned 18 not so long ago she asked if i wanted to join her and her friends on a night out, so i said yes cause it would be my first club, and it was great. So i started to become friends with her and her friends, and trusted them as i'd gone out with them a few times since.

The last time i went out with them we pre-drank at our flat. I NEVER get drunk on smirnoff, ever. I only had two small drinks mixed with lemonade. I was telling one of the guys there about a CD so went to my room for literally 20 seconds to get it, leaving my drink on my kitchen table with people i'd become friends with a few weeks ago, and my flatmate there. It never even crossed my mind not to trust them as they were lovely people (apart from my flatmate anyway..) So came back and one of the guys watched me drink but i didn't think anything of it. Then i felt very drunk, not a normal kind of drunk though, more drugged. I couldn't stop laughing, uncontrollably at absolutely nothing. I was really embarrassing myself and couldn't control my actions at all. I'm a bit hazy but i remember talking nonsense and drawing cockroaches on sticky notes and tearing the leaves off of a pineapple.... this really isn't normal for me, and i did not drink nearly enough to be drunk. I went out leaving the others and just went with 1 guy to a club, but they wouldn't let me in. I ended up back in the flat at 1am, the others were all out and this guy fell asleep on my bed, i was exhausted and fell asleep too.

When my flatmate came home drunk she burst out laughing thinking i had sex with this guy, and i honestly didn't. i know i was in a bad way but i was way better and none of my clothes were off, i know for a fact i did not sleep with him, + i like girls but she doesn't know that.

The next morning i only started to wonder if they had put something in my drink, as i'd seen them with legal highs and weed before. I'm sure i remember seeing pills at the start of the night but no one took any in front of me and i trusted them. Does this sound like ecstasy? I've only smoked before, never taken any pills or done serious drugs, and never would. I'm really upset about this. It sounds like ecstasy from what i've heard. Did my friends risk my life for a joke, or this could have been my flatmate getting revenge for me asking her to keep the noise down at 5am? :/

Doesn't sound like any ecstasy high I've ever experienced, but then again I don't mix it with alcohol. Since you remember stuff it's not Roofies. I don't know what it is but I'm pretty sure it's neither of those two.
Reply 5
Ask one of your flatmates you can trust if they know anything.

No it doesn't sound like it was ecstasy. If it was ecstasy you would've been up all night dancing to rave music and telling everyone about how much you love life
sounds like you had lots of sugar and alcohol.
Can't you get a blood or urine test if you suspect you've been spiked? Or ask one of the others?
Reply 8
If you couldn't control your actions, it definitely wasn't ecstasy. Ecstasy makes you feel a lot more in control than alcohol. It could have been some legal high that didn't react well to alcohol.
Reply 9
you have no evidence to suggest it, sorry but you can't go round accusing people of spiking your drink just because you embarassed yourself. i don't really see any reason to think she spiked it. if you want you can ask the people who were at the party if they saw anything and even the flatmate directly, but i doubt she'd admit it if she did do something and might try and make life difficult for you.
Go to the hospital to get yourself tested. I'm sorry this happened to you, drink spiking is a terrible thing to do!
Sounds like ghb but i have not personally experienced this. Careful with accusations just chill with people you trust.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Original post by Rock Fan
Wow she sounds a nasty piece of work what she did is totally out of order

From what you experienced, I'd say it definitely wasn't ecstacy... Believe me babycakes; you'd know if you were on E. I shall say no more.
Reply 13
They probably just poured a little extra vodka in your drink and you got drunk so not too much of a big deal, people do this to mates all the time. I mean last year we always poured a little vodka to a girl in our flats smirnoff ices just so she would relax and be less of a downer..
Just act all happy with them, maybe trick them somehow, and get them to admit to it?
Reply 14
Sometimes strange things happen with alcohol.

You say that you only recently turned 18, so perhaps you haven't found your limits yet, or you were drinking on an empty stomach. Even so, if it bothers you it may be worth getting some tests done.
Original post by razzza
They probably just poured a little extra vodka in your drink and you got drunk so not too much of a big deal, people do this to mates all the time. I mean last year we always poured a little vodka to a girl in our flats smirnoff ices just so she would relax and be less of a downer..
Just act all happy with them, maybe trick them somehow, and get them to admit to it?

:lolwut: I've never done that to a friend and never would. That's actually a really horrible thing to do. You're effectively taking control of what someone's putting in their body out of their hands and tricking them into drinking what could be an unhealthy or dangerous amount of alcohol. It's morally equivalent to spiking with a drug. How can you think that that's 'not a big deal'?
Reply 16
relax, this is normal for newbie drinkers.
Reply 17
If you're seriously concerned I would suggest getting a test done but I wouldn't go around accusing anyone because a. it sounds like it could just be you getting drunk and b. you don't know for sure who it was (it might have been this guy you mention, rather than your flatmate)
It sounds too me like you just drank too much. Pretty sure we've all been there when we've just started drinking. You end up drinking too much and embarrassing yourself, and the next day you swear your drink must have been spiked.

You also can't go around accusing people of spiking your drinks with no evidence just because they've been a bit loud when coming in on night out in the past and you've had a few arguments with them.
Original post by medbh4805
:lolwut: I've never done that to a friend and never would. That's actually a really horrible thing to do. You're effectively taking control of what someone's putting in their body out of their hands and tricking them into drinking what could be an unhealthy or dangerous amount of alcohol. It's morally equivalent to spiking with a drug. How can you think that that's 'not a big deal'?

+1 (run out of rep :frown:)

Latest