The Student Room Group

Anyone applied for MOD apprenticeship?

Scroll to see replies

so it takes an apprenticeship to become a mod on this forum? lul how snooty.
Reply 61
Original post by studos
Tell me please:

- how did you scored at the tests to be successful?
- what do they ask in the interviews?
- is there a permanent position after the apprenticeship?

Thanks

- Well enough. Can't remember the pass rate, just try your best!

- An email will be sent to you should you get through to the interview stage outlining the main questions you ask. Mainly about the company itself, one military vehicle of your choice and several core competencies (think its the ones from your application)

- There is no direct job for you to fall into after. You will be qualified at a band d grade so you can apply for any band d job. Apparently every apprentice so far has got a job after but there is no guarantee. There are many more band d jobs in Bristol than down in Plymouth.

Hope that helps.
Reply 62
Has anyone heard back yet ? For being successful for 2014 intake for engineering
Reply 63
Original post by H_D
Yeah its pretty good. Only thing to be aware of which came as a shock is the hours. Its 8:30-4:30 on Monday, Wednesday and Friday but 9-8 Tuesdays & Thursdays. That being said I can't remember the last time we stayed that late. We did in the beginning but if you get assignments done, lecturers become more lenient. Overall though, it is a good course (so far anyway).Think it will improve when we get away from the college but yeah, I'd definitely recommend it.

So what time do you start at Abbey Wood? Is it quite similar times? Do you still go to college whilst attending Abbey Wood?

Cheers
Ive been offered a place at plymouth, waiting on vet checks and meducal dates. Anyone else heard? Hoping we find out soon as im relocating fir the job and my current job needs notice before i leave.
Reply 65
Well done on getting a place in Plymouth esp as lot less spaces there than Bristol.
cheers, im stoked. have you applied, been accepted? any idea on time frames?
Reply 67
My son has a place at bristol. He only got the offer letter last week and just waiting for log-on details to come through for security check. He's had an email requesting sizes for overalls and apart from having lots of forms to fill in which he completed promptly, gotta wait for medical appt, that's about it.
If you have already completed your security online, it will hopefully go through before you start, but even if it's not completed you will still start on 1 September, subject to all other checks being complete.
Good Luck!
Reply 68
Has he received any log in details for the security check? I still havent
Reply 69
Nope! Was thinking of chasing this up with the recruiter next week. Nor has he has anything through about a medical either.
Reply 70
Original post by Bailey01
Nope! Was thinking of chasing this up with the recruiter next week. Nor has he has anything through about a medical either.

Yeah I was planning on doing the same, not much longer until we start
ive had no replies either. not long and i need to give my employer 4 weeks notice im leaving.
Reply 72
Has anybody emailed them them? If so have they replied?
Reply 73
Letters should go out first or second week of August. Where possible do not hand in notice until you have received your confirmation and start date. Bristol lot may well not start on 1 Sept now due to issues with appointing training provider.
Reply 74
Thank you for the update! :smile:

Hopefully it's all resolved soon, quite looking forward to starting!
Reply 75
Hi,
Just wondering if they mentioned anything to you about the medicals as I was offered a place back in May and I still haven't heard much other than my security checks had gone through and sizes for PPE.
Cheers
Reply 76
Have not had security check log on details come through yet, at least good news that yours had gone through:smile:
Letters should come out early august.
Reply 77
Security log-on finally came through last week:-)
Reply 78
Hmm still waiting on mine, hopefully not too much longer
Reply 79
I haven't heard anything since I completed a Security Vetting form online, and gave my sizes for the safety clothing, has anyone had more than that?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending