Nominations for German representative Watch

Nightowl
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Hi, could you please nominate yourself if you want to be Germany's representative. German currently holds a permanent seat on the Security Council, although currently does not hold "veto power".

If you nominate yourself for this position you automatically withdraw your nomination for the non permanent seat.

Election poll will open in 48 hours
Knogle
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
This is going to be interesting.

Why not wait for elections for the non-perm seat to conclude before opening this one?
Nightowl
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
To make the poll for the non perm seats smaller, and plus if one of the non perm decides to go for Germany after they've been elected, thats another election we have to do.
Knogle
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Nightowl)
if one of the non perm decides to go for Germany after they've been elected, thats another election we have to do.
Good point, didn't think about that.
aiman
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
This should be good :yy:
gemgems89
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Yeah, good move.

We really do do more voting than debating in the MUN! :p:
Ulv!
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
The election of a new German representative is of great importance to Austria. We will be following this very closely. Are there any potential candidates for now?
Austria would also like to apologise for its four/five days of silence. Austria will resume its usual posting frequency.
aiman
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
The election of a new German representative is of great importance to Austria. We will be following this very closely. Are there any potential candidates for now?
Austria would also like to apologise for its four/five days of silence. Austria will resume its usual posting frequency.
None, so far, but this has only been up for one hour. Would you like to nominate yourself?
Knogle
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Ulv!)
Well this thread is very new, and no one has come forward just yet.
Ulv!
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by aiman)
None, so far, but this has only been up for one hour. Would you like to nominate yourself?
Hm, I admit to having thought about it. But I was humbled by the fact that I am relatively new to the MUN. On the other hand, I am familiar with Germany, being Austrian:p: , and I might be able to represent their interests accurately, given the everyday contacts I have with German TV, press,people, etc...
What do my colleagues think? Thank you.
aiman
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Hm, I admit to having thought about it. But I was humbled by the fact that I am relatively new to the MUN. On the other hand, I am familiar with Germany, being Austrian , and I might be able to represent their interests accurately, given the everyday contacts I have with German TV, press,people, etc...
What do my colleagues think? Thank you.
I think you'll do quite well as the German Representative.
I represented it quite accurately, and I haven't been to Germany/speak German/have anything to do with Germany. You should therefore be able to represent Germany better than I could!
Ulv!
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by aiman)
Thank you.
brimstone
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by aiman)
I also hold this view. It'd be good to have a (near enough) native representing Germany.
Ulv!
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by brimstone)
I also hold this view. It'd be good to have a (near enough) native representing Germany.
Hmm, well in that case I might as well apply for the job, provided no other MUN members disagree with the views of Aiman/Brimstone (sorry, I mixed up Nutter with Aiman!).
aiman
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Hmm, well in that case I might as well apply for the job, provided no other MUN members disagree with the views of Nutter/Brimstone.
That's nice. Nutter did not express his views though :confused:
brimstone
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Ulv!)
Hmm, well in that case I might as well apply for the job, provided no other MUN members disagree with the views of Nutter/Brimstone.
Well, a lot of MUN members might be at school/revising, but you should still run.
Nutter
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Indeed, I am not interested to run for this position. Indonesia would support Ulv's candidacy as the German representative provided no one else steps forward. We would appreciate a few short paragraphs outlining your views, programmes and policies as a German rep so that we can familiarise yourself with your country's position.
Ulv!
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by aiman)
That's nice. Nutter did not express his views though :confused:
yep, sorry about that, I confused "Nutter" with "Aiman", for some obscure reason.:confused:
Ulv!
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Nutter)
Indeed, I am not interested to run for this position. Indonesia would support Ulv's candidacy as the German representative provided no one else steps forward. We would appreciate a few short paragraphs outlining your views, programmes and policies as a German rep so that we can familiarise yourself with your country's position.
OK, I will post my "speech" tomorrow!
aiman
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
yep, sorry about that, I confused "Nutter" with "Aiman", for some obscure reason.
:eek:, you think I'm mad?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (266)
38.61%
No - but I will (46)
6.68%
No - I don't want to (51)
7.4%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (326)
47.31%

Watched Threads