The Student Room Group

In a relationship and starting university! PLEASE HELP!

I knew to this so I don't really know where to start. I'm starting university in September this year and by that time I would have been with my current boyfriend for almost 2 years. I love him, but the drink, drug and sex type of university life if tempting! what do I do?
well if you love each other you won't cheat on eachother...
Reply 2
I wouldn't ever cheat.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Pretty easy, this: If you love him, you'll keep your legs shut.

Wow, look how simple that was! :rolleyes:
drinking = why does that have anything to do with your relationship if your such a weak [person that atter a few drinks youd cheat then really your not in love with him

Drugs= I think you need to grow up before you go to uni the drug culture at uni is tiny and if your stupid enough to start doing that why are you bothering to waste 9000£ for the privalage

Sex= yes people have sex at uni but your find after freshers that people tone down most people settle into relationships and arnt having lots of casual sex then how will you feel throwing away your relationship

If your even tempted to cheat end it now
Reply 5
If you're not going to cheat on him, and he's going somewhere else, just make it long distance and try and see each other as often as possible. :smile:
Reply 6
Having a partner doesn't mean you can't drink, do drugs and party!

You might aswell give it a try, but a lot of people break up not long after starting uni.
You can still go to Uni and go out and have a good time without having sex with other guys..
Original post by Mankytoes
Having a partner doesn't mean you can't drink, do drugs and party!

You might aswell give it a try, but a lot of people break up not long after starting uni.

I totally agree if you want to take drugs drink and party then go ahead and do that. It doesn't mean you have to cheat
Original post by ChocoCoatedLemons
Pretty easy, this: If you love him, you'll keep your legs shut.

Wow, look how simple that was! :rolleyes:

Took the words right out of my head!

I don't understand why alcohol, drugs and sex lifestyle is "tempting". Frankly I think it's vile, but that's your call. You say you won't cheat but if you're in love with this guy you won't want to throw it in the bin for something so cheap.
Sorry for my second post but why are you here telling us this and not him?
Original post by Mastermind007
Took the words right out of my head!

I don't understand why alcohol, drugs and sex lifestyle is "tempting". Frankly I think it's vile, but that's your call. You say you won't cheat but if you're in love with this guy you won't want to throw it in the bin for something so cheap.

I don't find it at all appealing either - I've never drank heavily so I really don't see the benefit.

If OP is finding it "tempting" before she's even got there, it's probably doomed.
Reply 12
Just remember what you would prefer to wake up to one morning: the end of a cheap, quick thrill with some guy you care zilch about, or to have a guilt free conscious and you and your boyfriend still in a solid relationship.
You can still drink and enjoy freshers!
Original post by billbobaggins
I knew to this so I don't really know where to start. I'm starting university in September this year and by that time I would have been with my current boyfriend for almost 2 years. I love him, but the drink, drug and sex type of university life if tempting! what do I do?

If you feel the temptation is too much then do him a favour and let him go find someone else. You may want to have a look in this thread to, there are several people in long distance relationships http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=626670
Reply 14
Original post by billbobaggins

Allow me to translate: This is my fake account so I can express my real opinions. I'm starting University in September and by that time I would have been with my current boyfriend for almost two years; monogamy is so boring! I love that he keeps my company but I want to sleep with as many people as possible while I'm young enough to say it was a mistake.

I think you should just talk to him about it; chances are that he may feel the same way.
Reply 15
If you love this guy, dump him. It's clear your going to be the local uni bicycle.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending