The F1 Society Watch

Captain Biggles
Badges: 2
Report 11 years ago
Only 12 days until the first race of the season! I can almost taste it it's so close!
Kyalimers
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 21
Report 11 years ago
Hey guys can someone let me join this society
I cnt seem to find th button saying join this soc
Thnx
Sohan - Lifelong Ferrari and M. Schumacher fan!!!
LogiVI
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by sohanshah)
Thnx
Yeah, I also want to join! :p:
Captain Biggles
Report 11 years ago
You'll need to have a look on the soc's page. Although I think there's a link in the OP.
PoisonDonna
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Thnx
(Original post by LogiVI)
Yeah, I also want to join!!
At the top of the page under The Student Room logo there's a tab saying Societies, go to page 4 and it's the first one and you can request to join there
LogiVI
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by PoisonDonna)
At the top of the page under The Student Room logo there's a tab saying Societies, go to page 4 and it's the first one and you can request to join there
Yes, I applied before, still awaiting a response! Thanks anyway for the help :tsr2:
F1 fanatic
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Yeah, it depends how long people leave it between checking for new members. I haven't seen Steve who admins the group around much lately and there's generally long pauses at the best of times. You'll be let in eventually :p:
Kyalimers
  • PS Reviewer
Report 11 years ago
hey F1 fanatic- 2 things

1. how u get a movie avatar not from my pc i.e. from net
2.Those 2 moving F1 cars rock??? how u get them!!!
F1 fanatic
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Incidentally, apologies for the double post, but there's been quite an influx of young blood into the forum lately. It's nice to have some camaraderie so hows about an introduction from everyone about your background, who you support, what you study, how you got into F1 and that kind of jazz.

I may as well start...

So hi, my name is stu, I'm 21 in my final year of a 4 year physics degree. I'm a Mclaren man at heart though really I support the sport as a whole. I first got into the sport in about 96/97 and Im not really sure how, I just started watching it, then started to read background, books and magazines on it and then it took over my life for a bit up until my degree & uni started to take over my life and I became merely a big fan. As far as drivers go, I like a lot of them really. It's nice to see Hamilton do well even if I hate his media attention, always had a soft spot for kimi, fisichella and I even have an admiration of Alonso as a driver at least.
LogiVI
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by F1 fanatic)
Yeah, it depends how long people leave it between checking for new members. I haven't seen Steve who admins the group around much lately and there's generally long pauses at the best of times. You'll be let in eventually :p:
Fingers crossed... :tsr2:
F1 fanatic
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
well, the movie avatar you just find a link to the avatar and then put in the link here:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/prof...?do=editavatar

but it has to be a max of 50x50 pixels and I think it has to be a gif file. If you're talking about my avatar, I made it myself just because it was easier than finding one and is more personal.

The cars in my sig are smilies on a scroll. The ferrari code is #f1# and then I've got it between scrolling tags:

[scrollr]#f1#[/scrollr] =

#f1#
Kyalimers
  • PS Reviewer
Report 11 years ago
I'm well guess:

Spoiler:
Show
Sohan Shah

I am Funfzehn years old and enjoy the sport thoroughly. I even stayed up till 7 to view the Australian Grand Prix live!
Kyalimers
  • PS Reviewer
Report 11 years ago
well, the movie avatar you just find a link to the avatar and then put in the link here:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/prof...?do=editavatar

but it has to be a max of 50x50 pixels and I think it has to be a gif file. If you're talking about my avatar, I made it myself just because it was easier than finding one and is more personal.

The cars in my sig are smilies on a scroll. The ferrari code is #f1# and then I've got it between scrolling tags:

[scrollr]#f1#[/scrollr] =

#f1#
You join bruceleej on my sig now lol
Captain Biggles
Report 11 years ago
Incidentally, apologies for the double post, but there's been quite an influx of young blood into the forum lately. It's nice to have some camaraderie so hows about an introduction from everyone about your background, who you support, what you study, how you got into F1 and that kind of jazz.
I'm Steven, although will go under the stage name Captain Biggles. Currently I'm studying Advanced Highers in Maths and Physics in preparation for university work (unconditional for university course, just wanted to prepare myself for a less difficult time come September) and will be heading off to do an Aeronautical Engineering degree at Glasgow. I watched F1 at quite a young age (might've just been 96/97 as I was definitely still in primary school), however didn't follow it till this time last year. Same position as you, Stu - Mclaren man at heart, but really like many of the drivers on the grid and respect the hell outta the lot of 'em!

Done. :cool:
PoisonDonna
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Oh my this sounds like internet dating, but I may as well go...

I'm Donna!! I'm 20 and in my 2nd year at Manchester studying Chemistry with Forensic Science. I'm Welsh
Always remember F1 being on the TV because my dad and brother are majorly into cars, started watching it full on in the middle of the 06 season.
I would say I support McLaren too, though I have a soft spot for Red Bull and BMW. Drivers wise I like most of them, faves being Kovalainen, Coulthard, Raikkonen, Kubica and Rosberg I reckon. I do like Hamilton and think he's great but just can't stand the mass hysteria that follows him.

Captain Biggles
Report 11 years ago
At first I liked the attention Hamilton was getting from the media as he deserved it, but now it's just getting silly. :rolleyes:
Kyalimers
  • PS Reviewer
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Captain Biggles)
At first I liked the attention Hamilton was getting from the media as he deserved it, but now it's just getting silly. :rolleyes:
Agreed!!!
F1 fanatic
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
You join bruceleej on my sig now lol
honoured :p:

(Original post by PoisonDonna)
Oh my this sounds like internet dating, but I may as well go...
lol, I thought it sounded more like alcoholics anonymous actually. I'm just jealous of the little clique the football lot have going :ninja:
LogiVI
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
honoured :p:

lol, I thought it sounded more like alcoholics anonymous actually. I'm just jealous of the little clique the football lot have going :ninja:
Einstein once suggested F1 > Football :P
Zerforax
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
The football is more cliquey, in terms of which teams you support etc, its terrible sometimes!
Maybe we need like Ferrari thread, Mclaren thread etc to get it more heated?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (314)
37.79%
No - but I will (64)
7.7%
No - I don't want to (62)
7.46%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (391)
47.05%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed