The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 420
id be very grateful if anybody could point me to a video of an entire F1 race with just the on-board cam and also a full lap or so on-board with telemetry. a video showing both would be perfect :biggrin:
Reply 421
also, does anybody know what racing game Nick is using here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIr-ust8Nrg
Looks like F1 championship for the ps3, though it could be rFactor but the graphics look too good for that.
Reply 423
rFactor with BMW 08 from rFactor Central as a base but their physics of the car and engine will be more accurate.
Reply 424
LFS is the king physics wise.
Reply 425
Custom simulator?
Well the William's drivers have been retained for next year, and Flavio has said Di Grassi is ready for F1, so bye bye Piquet i thinks. Which is a shame, i would of liked to see him do well, for his fathers sake.
Reply 427
I think the forecasting of the upcoming races is relatively simple now: If it's hot and dry then Ferrari will be the quickest and most likely to be victorious (assuming no more pit stop cock ups), and if its at all wet then Mclaren. I reckon that the title will most probably be dependant on this factor, however the comparative mental strength of Massa and Hamilton will evidently be key also. Another factor that may play a part is that Kimi is unlikely to willingly aid Massa in the title hunt, whilst the opposite can be said of Kovalainen. Also, due to Hamilton being ahead in points and with only 3 races to go, unfortunately the odds are in his favour. All this is obvious commentary, but is hard to forecast in relation to the individual tracks, drivers, and the cars' circumstances. Still, anything can happen- just look at last year :smile:
OutKash
I think the forecasting of the upcoming races is relatively simple now: If it's hot and dry then Ferrari will be the quickest and most likely to be victorious (assuming no more pit stop cock ups), and if its at all wet then Mclaren. I reckon that the title will most probably be dependant on this factor, however the comparative mental strength of Massa and Hamilton will evidently be key also. Another factor that may play a part is that Kimi is unlikely to willingly aid Massa in the title hunt, whilst the opposite can be said of Kovalainen. Also, due to Hamilton being ahead in points and with only 3 races to go, unfortunately the odds are in his favour. All this is obvious commentary, but is hard to forecast in relation to the individual tracks, drivers, and the cars' circumstances. Still, anything can happen- just look at last year :smile:

I think it would take a fairly crazy person to bet against Hamilton right now:
He has a seven point lead, and two of the races are very likely to be wet, one nearly definitely tbh. He lost it by more last year, but none of the errors were even down to Lewis, and he's hardly likely to make the same mistake twice.
PoisonDonna
I think it would take a fairly crazy person to bet against Hamilton right now:
He has a seven point lead, and two of the races are very likely to be wet, one nearly definitely tbh. He lost it by more last year, but none of the errors were even down to Lewis, and he's hardly likely to make the same mistake twice.

he deserved the championship last year :frown:
Heidfeld is staying! :banana2:
SuperDaz
Heidfeld is staying! :banana2:

:banana: So good isn't it!!!

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Yay, my support for BMW will continue with them keeping on Nick, i love that guy, he looks like a rock star with his beard.
I think his beard is the source of his driving powers :beard:

Hes had a good season and deserves another contract with BMW. Hes only one point behind Kimi and ahead of the second McLaren. Hope he manages to win a race, hes coming up to his 150th race in China
Reply 434
Check out the photos of the two on the BEEB website.

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/45081000/jpg/_45081675_bmwap226.jpg

It looks like they have one driver that is a big fat ugly giant, and the other looks like a bearded wise leprichan, that has found a pot of gold!
MrColin

It looks like they have one driver that is a big fat ugly giant, and the other looks like a bearded wise leprichan, that has found a pot of gold!

Oh. My. God.

That is HILARIOUS!
Haha thats great, why did that pick that picture for the article? there must be a million pictures they could use instead of that, Hiedfeld looks properly angry
Reply 437
MrColin

[James Allen]Well, he's certainly no Brad Pitt
Oh my days! Montreal has gone :frown::frown:

http://www.f1complete.com/content/view/10552/1/

I love that track :frown:

Still only 18 races next year then...
Its one of my top 3 tracks :sad:

I thought it was on the provisional list too? What happened :frown:

Latest