The F1 Society Watch

Untitled258
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I saw that before i have a feeling the track condition this year didn't help it keep its spot.
MrColin
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm appaled! any race that has a little bit of personality about it they change or cut.

The fact that the track cut up, added to the specticle....and it had a different about feel to it to all the other tracks with the straights and hard breaking....additionally it was always fantastic for the smaller teams to get a result their....looks like more dull monotomous valancia and barcalona style races to me.

It a sad sad thing to see it go, seem F1 is going premiershipish! If you have the money they will go their, even if it is a loss to the spectator!
SuperDaz
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I read in the Times today that F1 is planning to make a universal engine for every team. It would be intended to last 9 races each instead of the 2 they are supposed to last now.

It would go a long way towards making F1 more equal. It would also save a lot of money for the teams on both ends of the grid. What d'ya think?
Untitled258
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/spo...cle4909895.ece

That i presume? I dont know what to make of it, my initial thought is that they want to suck all the tradition out of f1, but you know, ill have a think and a read about.
Zerforax
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Next year's French Formula One Grand Prix could be cancelled after the French Motorsports Federation (FFSA) said it would stop financing the event.

Maybe get a North American track back in its place?
Zerforax
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Untitled258)
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/spo...cle4909895.ece

That i presume? I dont know what to make of it, my initial thought is that they want to suck all the tradition out of f1, but you know, ill have a think and a read about.
Mmm makes me think the sport will suddenly become borrowing?
If the cars are all the same, the track is the same for all, there is no relative advantage for anyone, anywhere.
Likewise, over taking is already difficult so making everyone average would make it pretty much impossible. Drivers are generally too perfect nowerdays to make many mistakes.. maybe make them all race on ice?

Need to cut some costs or not enough teams will be able to compete. Cut too much cost/expense/investment/creativity and the sport will no longer be competitive/fun to watch?
MrColin
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by sarforaz)
Next year's French Formula One Grand Prix could be cancelled after the French Motorsports Federation (FFSA) said it would stop financing the event.

Maybe get a North American track back in its place?
We can only hope! and of course they will have to keep some element of french in their! conclusion all we go off the montreal to race of a gravel race-track! hooray!

I look forward to it, however it will much more likely end up being a second japanese / pacific grand prix filling it in. I think there is more money there...because of course bernie has to get QPR in the premiership now in football!
Zerforax
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Why dont they just increase the number of races.. say to 20+?
thomasp
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Magny Cours has gone from 2009 as well, due to a lack of funding. This wasn't an FIA decision, it was decided by the circuit funders.
Untitled258
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I cant say im arsed about france, hopefully canada will be reinstated now. Or they should go to Indianapolis and try thy the new track lay out there. Or both.
Lara C.
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by ahmadjan3)
he deserved the championship last year
when he joins one of the back row teams and works his way up to the front row, then he'l deserve a championship.
ahmadjan3
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Lara C.)
when he joins one of the back row teams and works his way up to the front row, then he'l deserve a championship.
you are just jealous :p: why should he start from the back when the top teams wants him. and the reason he got signed by top team is because he is good so your argument is pathetic:rolleyes:
Lara C.
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by ahmadjan3)
you are just jealous :p: why should he start from the back when the top teams wants him. and the reason he got signed by top team is because he is good so your argument is pathetic:rolleyes:
because of fairness. how do you know Sebastian Vettel or Antony Davidson could not have done as good or better a job as Hamilton?
SuperDaz
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
So will there be another french GP at a different track? Or will we just avoid the god forsaken country for good :p:

Montreal back please :teeth:
Untitled258
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Bearnie might use this to try and get a Paris street race in 2011/12 or so.

I vote Paris night race on the track i designed months ago!!
Carl-Uk
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I also wouldn't mind a France track, it dosen't really bother me where they're racing, it's more or less the conditions of the race at the time of the venue.
metaljaymz80
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
i would like to see laguna seca on the f1 calander. it has some tight corners which would be great for overtaking. plus it has the dust problems which would bring driver skill in to it. the corkscrew section would be amazing to see from the cockpit of an f1 car.
what you think?
Untitled258
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Way too short. I wouldnt mind seeing it though.
thomasp
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by metaljaymz80)
i would like to see laguna seca on the f1 calander. it has some tight corners which would be great for overtaking. plus it has the dust problems which would bring driver skill in to it. the corkscrew section would be amazing to see from the cockpit of an f1 car.
what you think?
I thought modern-day F1 cars couldn't physically drive through the corkscrew due to their very poor turning circle and total lack of ground clearance?
Untitled258
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
The toyota managed in 2006.

It set the lap record or about 1 minute 5 seconds or something.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (315)
37.77%
No - but I will (64)
7.67%
No - I don't want to (62)
7.43%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (393)
47.12%

Watched Threads