The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 460
From Wiki:

Formula One

In 1989, the year following the last Formula One race in Detroit, choices for a new location for the United States Grand Prix came down to Laguna Seca and Phoenix. The aforementioned 1988 improvements to the track were in part made to lure the race. In the final decision, Laguna Seca was thought to be too small for an F1 crowd and too remote and Phoenix was granted the Grand Prix. It proved to be highly unsuccessful and only lasted three years.
What would your dream end to the season be?

I'd like to see Massa leading with a lap to go with Hamilton out of the points. Then Massa comes up to make a regulation overtaking on a backmarker, but low and behold the backmarker just slams into the side of him. The last thing Massa sees before he goes into a gravel trap is the red mist in Adrian Sutil's eyes :p:
I want a brazil race wheres its raining and we get all the carnage of a few years back, when the water on the road was so bad it even caught Shucmi out and he's immense in the rain.
Reply 463
I think Hamilton cheated and should have been disqualified!
MrColin
I think Hamilton cheated and should have been disqualified!

He did, i already said this in the china thread, he was using round wheels when the rest are on rectangles, go look at the comparisons of cars, about 7 pages in or so.
Hmm...
I'd like to see Massa win at Brazil, with Raikkonen 2nd or 3rd and Kubica on the podium.
Would like to see Vettel/Kovelainen finish 4th and Alonso finish 5th and Hamilton finish 6th.

Want to see Massa outpace everyone and show his quality, think Kubica deserves another podium, because he has been great all season in not the best car.
Id say Kovelainen 4th but he'd probably stop to let Hamilton past.. so id rather see Vettel do well since he looks like a star for the future.
Alonso to start near Hamilton and for them to squabble all race with Alonso over taking on the final lap to steal 5th and prove he's better than Hamilton :p:
Reply 466
Dream end? A race with no ******* stupid FIA penalties. Thats what.
Reply 467
metaljaymz80
i would like to see laguna seca on the f1 calander. it has some tight corners which would be great for overtaking. plus it has the dust problems which would bring driver skill in to it. the corkscrew section would be amazing to see from the cockpit of an f1 car.
what you think?

Going off at the corkscrew would also equal death. No run-off, being the crest of a hill and a sharp descent on the other side. Track is too small, room to expand but they won't. Access is shocking and not enough spectator room.
Reply 468
"All weekend we've had God on our side, as always," said Hamilton.

I think I have just lost all respect for him because of this statement!

I cant believe he genuinely thinks God has nothing better to do that look over and ensure that lewis hamiltons mclaren does its job for him every other sunday [approx]. I mean how pretencious!

I think my support is swaying toward Massa after a comment such as that!
MrColin

I cant believe he genuinely thinks God has nothing better to do that look over and ensure that lewis hamiltons mclaren does its job for him every other sunday [approx]. I mean how pretencious!

Are you serious? So you hate him for his religion now?

Some people will really find ANYTHING to hate him for.

Millions of people make comments like that every day.
MrColin

i think he is being sarcastic

if not you are an idiot :shifty:
ahmadjan3
i think he is being sarcastic

if not you are an idiot :shifty:

I hope so, I'm losing my faith in F1 fans a bit.
Silly statement.

If anything God is a ferrari man, i think he was too busy helping valantino rossi win at Malaysia to bother helping out the scudaria this weekend though if im honest.
Rep from donna....

Bahrain Grand Prix Disc... 09-04-2008 00:55 Lets keep the faith and maybe Button will score a good load of points! Still 15 races to go! - Donna xx

Oh dear, the faith hasn't worked not even with my sig pix ive had
:toofunny:

The only drivers who have scored less are the Force India and Super Aguri drivers :biggrin:
Reply 475
PoisonDonna
Are you serious? So you hate him for his religion now?

Some people will really find ANYTHING to hate him for.

Millions of people make comments like that every day.

In my defense I do not state I HATE or even DISLIKE him for anything including his religion! That you are making up, reading what you want to hear! I just merely pointed out it is awfully PRETENCIOUS of him!

I was always undecided on who I wanted to win. However, it has made me swing slightly towards Massa for the title as I have always liked him since I started, and I see no reason what so ever for national loyalty personally.

As for my loyalty it will always lie with Nico & Kazuki not forgetting Zolt Baumgartner
MrColin
In my defense I do not state I HATE or even DISLIKE him for anything including his religion! That you are making up, reading what you want to hear! I just merely pointed out it is awfully PRETENCIOUS of him!

I was always undecided on who I wanted to win. However, it has made me swing slightly towards Massa for the title as I have always liked him since I started, and I see no reason what so ever for national loyalty personally.

As for my loyalty it will always lie with Nico & Kazuki not forgetting Zolt Baumgartner

I didn't make anything up, I asked you a question, the fact you got defensive if your own issue.

People make comments like "god helped me", "god was watching me" every day. If you believe in him it is perfectly normal. I don't believe in god, but I have no issues with Lewis saying that. People jumping on him for his religion now is crazy.

What's national loyalty got to do with it?
F1 teams agree cost-cutting deal

Further cost reductions could come in time for the 2010 season

The FIA and representatives of Formula One teams have agreed to cut costs for smaller teams from next season.

FIA president Max Mosley and Ferrari chairman Luca di Montezemolo said the agreement would produce "significant cost savings for 2009 and 2010".

Officials of three teams, who wished to stay anonymous, said that the cost of engines supplied to independent teams will be capped at $13.2m a year.

The engines will also run for three instead of two race weekends.

The FIA said in a joint statement with the Formula One Teams Association (Fota) after a meeting in Geneva that the teams were "working urgently on further proposals for 2010 and thereafter".

Mosley said earlier this month that, even without the global credit crunch, the sport had become unsustainable at the current levels of spending.

The teams will meet during the Brazilian Grand Prix between 31 October and 2 November to discuss changing the testing mileage from 2009, the team officials said.

The FIA and Fota will meet again after the race to modify the rules for chassis design from 2010.

What do you guys think? Sounds a better compromise than all having the same engine!
Reply 478
MrColin

gawd. there's nothing pretentious about it in itself. people who believe in god believe god looks out for them. personally i think he is just portraying himself as senna again.
Reply 479
it would make my month if hamilton did not win the championship.

Latest