The F1 Society Watch

Emsybean
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by mikeyd85)
I remember that one. I was like :eek: when it happened!

Edit: What happened to the Austrian GP? I loved that circuit.
So did I, 2002 GP was the first race I remember watching...couldn't believe it when Rubens had to pull over to let Schumacher win, me and my dad were screaming at the telly lol :p:
Atomic Dave
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Another golden F1 moment capture on YouTube, back when F1 Digital was running....JPM and Kimi Raikkonen, qualifying, Spa-Francorchamps, 2002....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ev4-qR1OAaI
gbduo
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Montoya was such a ledge...there is no one really with the blatant hunger he had for a WDC in F1 anymore as Montoya! Always pushing, some of his overtakes in that race at Spa were amazing. I think that was the same race as he started in 11th and ended up challenging Schumacher?
Atomic Dave
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by gbduo)
Montoya was such a ledge...there is no one really with the blatant hunger he had for a WDC in F1 anymore as Montoya! Always pushing, some of his overtakes in that race at Spa were amazing. I think that was the same race as he started in 11th and ended up challenging Schumacher?
I know he was a real character, I'll always remember that overtake he did on Schumacher at the Nurburgring in 2003 I think, and MS got pushed back on! It was a pity he left, but I think F1 was probably too corporate and stuff for him.
Emsybean
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I loved JPM, wish he'd come back, F1 needs a character like him again

Edit: You beat me to it :p:
PoisonDonna
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I disliked Montoya in all honesty. Found him fairly repulsive. I take personalities way too seriously, not good for following sport!
Emsybean
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by johnbergqvist)
I disagree, he acted like a 9-year old, constantly blaming everyone when it didnt go well and was his fault all along. Also, he acts like a prima donna. Idiot. I'm glad he's gone to be honest. Though if Villeneuve came back that would be 5 world champions in 1 season. :eek3: :woo: Also, How are you? We havent spoken in ages.
Well tbf I was only 9 or 10 years old when I was watching him race, so I thought he was quite funny at the time, though in hindsight he was a bit of a *****. I still think he was a breath of fresh air though, I like the way he speaks his mind and just doesn't care about what might happen because of it :yes:

I know, I've been quite ill recently, something I don't want to go in to great length on here :o:
Michelin Man
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Just to make you all highly jealous I'm sitting at work (in Barcelona) listening to the F1 cars going round our test track doing some acceleration tests. Oh and the new Mclaren just drove down the road as well. :sexface:
Emsybean
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Michelin Man)
Just to make you all highly jealous I'm sitting at work (in Barcelona) listening to the F1 cars going round our test track doing some acceleration tests. Oh and the new Mclaren just drove down the road as well. :sexface:
Hahahahaha.....shut up :p:

Also, 11 days until Friday practice :woo:
hannahhi
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I had a dream last night that F1 had started using road cars (but all with the F1 liveries) and it was all weird - the race track was full of all these hills. Nakajima was leading and half way through the race they all stopped for a break and sat about chatting. Also the BBC could only afford one camera so we could only see the action at one part of the circuit :erm:
mikeyd85
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by hannahhi)
I had a dream last night that F1 had started using road cars (but all with the F1 liveries) and it was all weird - the race track was full of all these hills. Nakajima was leading and half way through the race they all stopped for a break and sat about chatting. Also the BBC could only afford one camera so we could only see the action at one part of the circuit :erm:
I think I can safely use this emoticon for all of us... :lolwut:
hannahhi
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I think I can safely use this emoticon for all of us... :lolwut:
Yeah, I think that sums it up.
Michelin Man
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Emsybean)
Hahahahaha.....shut up :p:

Also, 11 days until Friday practice :woo:
No word of a lie honest. I work here:

http://www.idiada.com/web/homepage.html

The red bull truck is parked right outside my window as I write this. Montmeló is less than 70km from where we are so when testing finished yesterday they all came here. We've got some of the most advanced facilities in the world here. I personally don't have anything to do with F1 cars, I work in the passive safety department for boring cars like Seat.

Oh and I mean the Mclaren road car not the F1 car lol.
Emsybean
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
No word of a lie honest. I work here:

http://www.idiada.com/web/homepage.html

The red bull truck is parked right outside my window as I write this. Montmeló is less than 70km from where we are so when testing finished yesterday they all came here. We've got some of the most advanced facilities in the world here. I personally don't have anything to do with F1 cars, I work in the passive safety department for boring cars like Seat.

Oh and I mean the Mclaren road car not the F1 car lol.
I wasn't suggesting you were lying, I'm just immensely jealous :p:

And hannahi, I actually loled at that description of your dream :rofl:
Michelin Man
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Emsybean)
I wasn't suggesting you were lying, I'm just immensely jealous :p:

And hannahi, I actually loled at that description of your dream :rofl:
Haha OK :yy:

They've stopped now, I guess it's lunch time or something. I can't actually see them because the test track is dug into the ground but the noise is beautiful. Hopefully I'll catch a glimpse of one of them on the way out as the exit bridge goes over the track. They're here all week as far as I know
mikeyd85
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Haha OK :yy:

They've stopped now, I guess it's lunch time or something. I can't actually see them because the test track is dug into the ground but the noise is beautiful. Hopefully I'll catch a glimpse of one of them on the way out as the exit bridge goes over the track. They're here all week as far as I know
Yesterday was the final day of F1 testing...
Michelin Man
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Yesterday was the final day of F1 testing...
Final day of official testing

You know that rule where they can't do tests midseason? Well between the Italian and the Singapore grand prix last season there were some very F1 looking cars round our circuit. Can't name names because I'll get in trouble...
Untitled258
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Just saw an f1 advert on the BBC, excited now
PoisonDonna
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Untitled258)
Just saw an f1 advert on the BBC, excited now
God damn have the adverts started?! I need to watch TV! No time
Untitled258
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by PoisonDonna)
God damn have the adverts started?! I need to watch TV! No time
Haha yep, One week tomorrow!!!!

I just need my Jenson shirt to come through now, i pre-ordered it at the start of Jan, the confirmation email said they are available from the 15th of Feb, and i still havn't heard anything. I think i need to get onto Mclaren. Once that arrives i will be like a little school girl.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (207)
40.12%
No - but I will (32)
6.2%
No - I don't want to (35)
6.78%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (242)
46.9%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

Oops, nobody has posted
in the last few hours.

Why not re-start the conversation?

Start new discussion

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise