The F1 Society Watch

hannahhi
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I've seen no ads yet... I'm sure I'll catch one soon!
Untitled258
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Yeah, after moaning that my Mclaren/Jenson tee-shirt hadnt come, not it has, so now im well excited!
hannahhi
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Haha, well that's good :woo:
Emsybean
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I'd buy a Red Bull hoodie, but it's nearly £65! I might just make my own :p:
hannahhi
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
McLaren are releasing hoodies soon ... I may have to start saving now :ninja:
PoisonDonna
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by hannahhi)
McLaren are releasing hoodies soon ... I may have to start saving now :ninja:
Did you see the Twitter campaign thing they had to find one? Was a WELL good idea!
PoisonDonna
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Erm hello!!
Jenson top came today I am now officially ready for the 2010 season!

Untitled258
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by PoisonDonna)
Did you see the Twitter campaign thing they had to find one? Was a WELL good idea!
Some of them where properly nice, aren't they putting the winner into production?
Stringer987
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I just saw the f1 advert, couldnt help thinking this season was a forgone conclusion with ferrari winning both championships! I got all my merchandise on order! I cant help but think what a mess this season is already, with the whole campos and usf1 debarcle, i feel if usf1 couldnt get in, why cant stefan gp get in? People have paid very high ticket prices to see 26drives, and now there will only be 24drives, and im not sure if campos will make it to the first race as they havnt even tested yet, so fans at bahrain may only see 22drivers
hannahhi
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by PoisonDonna)
Yeah, some of the entries were amazing!! Can't wait to see the final three actually designed..
Michelin Man
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
For those who are interested the F1 teams are still testing at our grounds today. Haven't got a scooby doo what they're doing but they're making a (nice) racket. Can anyone clear up the exact rules? I thought they could only test on the official days but obviously not. They also tested during the season in the autumn. I don't know if they were done on GP2 tyres or not but they were 100% F1 cars.
Untitled258
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I dont think they will be testing.

They can only test on allocated days, and throughout the season they can complete a few striaght line tests, they can let a reserve driver test if he is going to race, and hasn't drove for two years, and they have limited mileage to film TV commercials.

If you are so insistent on them still running, they they will probably be filming for TV, but when they do film.

And with the amount of F1 sites i read, so often, and with them reporting on every minute of the testing, tv filming or whatever, i havnt read anything, so its pretty unlikely its any.
gbduo
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Michelin Man)
For those who are interested the F1 teams are still testing at our grounds today. Haven't got a scooby doo what they're doing but they're making a (nice) racket. Can anyone clear up the exact rules? I thought they could only test on the official days but obviously not. They also tested during the season in the autumn. I don't know if they were done on GP2 tyres or not but they were 100% F1 cars.
You should take pictures/video and post it to every F1 reporter in the country who is itching to claim the next scoop and you could be the beginning of the new 'testgate' scandal!

Remember to post on here first though as we on TSR did give you the low down and you know, we are awaiting the next scoop!

I would love to have your view of Catalunya circuit!

Graham
hannahhi
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
^ As long as none of the 'testgate' scandal involves McLaren we've had enough -gates the past few years...
gbduo
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by hannahhi)
^ As long as none of the 'testgate' scandal involves McLaren we've had enough -gates the past few years...
Yes, hopefully it is Fezza and in particular Alonso.

He seems to be involved in all the gates. Obviously not casting any aspersions here or anything...!
hannahhi
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by gbduo)
Yes, hopefully it is Fezza and in particular Alonso.

He seems to be involved in all the gates. Obviously not casting any aspersions here or anything...!
He does seem to be around a lot of gates ... but yes, I think they're due one now!
Michelin Man
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by gbduo)
You should take pictures/video and post it to every F1 reporter in the country who is itching to claim the next scoop and you could be the beginning of the new 'testgate' scandal!

Remember to post on here first though as we on TSR did give you the low down and you know, we are awaiting the next scoop!

I would love to have your view of Catalunya circuit!

Graham
I would LOVE to take photos but unfortunately we're completely banned from having cameras at work, even phone cameras. They have airport style security and we have to hand in any at the gate to collect at the end of the day. Oh and I had to sign secrecy document :ninja:

TBH it's not for the benefit of the F1 cars it's more for the new road cars that get tested here and they don't want any details leaked.

e.g. check out this beauty, it was taken just outside our track. Mclaren MP4-12C. Note the weird paint job, it's so spy cameras can't take pics when it's moving

It's seems to be common inside knowledge that they do extra testing though because it's not just one or 2 cars but pretty much all the teams (at least from what I've seen). I'm not convinced any rules have been broken and they've probably found a loophole. I know this year the rules have changed so that they can test on non championship tracks with drivers who've had 2 races or less. I'm trying to find out from the guys here what the exact rules are and if we're aiding the teams in breaking them. :rolleyes:
mikeyd85
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
http://vodpod.com/watch/3168344-form...=lutbarf1&mp=1 :p:
gbduo
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Kubica got it spot on!
Untitled258
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by gbduo)
Kubica got it spot on!
This kubica who isnt in the video? :p:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (477)
38.22%
No - but I will (95)
7.61%
No - I don't want to (87)
6.97%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (589)
47.2%

Watched Threads