?
Report 8 years ago
Yeah, ive pre-ordered now, like i said, the timing is awful
Atomic Dave
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Haven't posted here for ages, anyone dare to guess who could win Monaco this weekend?
Emsybean
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Untitled258)
Yeah, ive pre-ordered now, like i said, the timing is awful
I know, if I get in I'll be four days into uni, they really haven't thought it through :p:
NoHands
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by mikeyd85)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhzl8UZuVnI

This should provide yo some reassurance. It won't be super realistic, but it'll be good. I'd imagine it'll be as hard as playing rFactor with low ABS and TCS tbh.

But thats too easy! Im less than a second off F1 pace with everything except autoclutch on in most tracks

And im also probably going to fail my degree. Thanks to the damned game!
NoHands
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Atomic Dave)
Haven't posted here for ages, anyone dare to guess who could win Monaco this weekend?

Rosberg or Failonso.
mikeyd85
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...MBE-Queen.html

Jenson got himself an MBE.
MessyEater
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
If Formula One was a country, it'd have the 4th largest economy in the world.
Put that in your pipe and smoke it. :holmes:
ahmadjan3
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by MessyEater)
If Formula One was a country, it'd have the 4th largest economy in the world.
Put that in your pipe and smoke it. :holmes:
seriously?!?! :eek: that is a lot of money. WTF :eek3:

so how much is it worth?
MessyEater
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by ahmadjan3)
seriously?!?! :eek: that is a lot of money. WTF :eek3:

so how much is it worth?
If you add together all the turnovers of the 200+ sponsors and companies financially involved in F1, we'd have a combined wealth of...

$3.787 TRILLION

Yup..
Putting it 4th in the world in terms of GDP ahead of Germany, France and the UK.
This ain't counting the fortunes of the drivers either.
:eek3:
Atomic Dave
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
So peeps, any bets for Spa? I'm thinking that Red Bull may get pole, but I'd bet on either Alonson or Hamilton winning the race!
dhr90
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Atomic Dave)
So peeps, any bets for Spa? I'm thinking that Red Bull may get pole, but I'd bet on either Alonson or Hamilton winning the race!
you know there is a thread devoted to the GP at Spa

I'm hoping for the McFails to flop and Ferrari's to fight to victory :cool:
mikeyd85
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I've been thinking about the championship....

McLaren's issue is a lack of downforce. That's why the RBRs are so much faster. The next two races are low downforce configurations, so I'm not worried about them too much, especially Monza. The weedy Renault engine won't be any good for those races. It's the rest of the season that may be a problem. I do however have a lot of faith in their dev team and with the long break and at least another month before we really need DF again, I'm hoping that by the time we reach Suzuka, the McMercs will have copied a few RBR tricks and be competitive again.
El Stevo
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
(Original post by mikeyd85)
I've been thinking about the championship....

McLaren's issue is a lack of downforce. That's why the RBRs are so much faster. The next two races are low downforce configurations, so I'm not worried about them too much, especially Monza. The weedy Renault engine won't be any good for those races. It's the rest of the season that may be a problem. I do however have a lot of faith in their dev team and with the long break and at least another month before we really need DF again, I'm hoping that by the time we reach Suzuka, the McMercs will have copied a few RBR tricks and be competitive again.
The weedy Renault engine is somewhat of a myth. The weedy Renault engine could haul a Red Bull round turn 8 at Istanbul a gear higher than the McMercs. Down to RB better downforce you say? More downforce = stuck harder to track = requires more power to get its arse moving. It has a fantastically driveable power distribution, probably the most driveable engine on the grid, sacrificing top end power for torque and a much greater power band. It's design prioritises different facets to the Mercedes.

The RBs are going to be epic in Spa's long middle section. Merc's raw power and the characteristically low downforce of the McLaren mean it will have good sector 1 and 3 times.
mikeyd85
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by El Stevo)
The weedy Renault engine is somewhat of a myth. The weedy Renault engine could haul a Red Bull round turn 8 at Istanbul a gear higher than the McMercs. Down to RB better downforce you say? More downforce = stuck harder to track = requires more power to get its arse moving. It has a fantastically driveable power distribution, probably the most driveable engine on the grid, sacrificing top end power for torque and a much greater power band. It's design prioritises different facets to the Mercedes.

The RBs are going to be epic in Spa's long middle section. Merc's raw power and the characteristically low downforce of the McLaren mean it will have good sector 1 and 3 times.
I'd like to put the Merc engine in a RBR and send it round turn 8 - see what happens.

And I agree with your analysis of Spa - I'm just hoping that the McLarens can qualify ahead of the RBR with a 2 sector advantage.
mikeyd85
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
MessyEater
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
BBC seems to be reporting Quick Nick is replacing de la Rosa at Sauber for the rest of the season..

I may have my wish to see Quick Nick back where he belongs after all.
dhr90
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
BBC seems to be reporting Quick Nick is replacing de la Rosa at Sauber for the rest of the season..

In a slow car? :p:
Stringer987
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago

He holds the record for most points scored without a win,
MessyEater
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Stringer987)
He holds the record for most points scored without a win,
I am well aware of this fact. And I love him anyway. :o:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (264)
39.05%
No - but I will (46)
6.8%
No - I don't want to (51)
7.54%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (315)
46.6%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed