Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by F1 fanatic)
I wasn't being serious about "curling fanatic" :rofl: I was being ironic :p:
:p: Ironic, eh? :rofl:

Fishing is a hobby.
True that. Has anyone tried fishing here? ~coz I haven't but would like to.
Redefined
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Ye I used to go fishing when I was a wee lad

Sea fishing I only participated in once, early mornings was a killer!!

Fly fishing is something I could never get the hang of, damn dangerous if you ask me.

Are we turning into a multi-sportal society now? lol
Ili
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Nah, we're turning into a united F1 soc. lolz. Actually no idea, but talking about various sports helps the soc to discuss about something even if it's not really F1. But heck, we did talk about F1 anyway in between, right?
Redefined
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
yes, and the correlation between fishing and F1 is that fishing can kill and so can F1.

Which leads me on to safety in our beloved sport...have the organisers done all they can in terms of safety?
F1 fanatic
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by law:portal)
yes, and the correlation between fishing and F1 is that fishing can kill and so can F1.

Which leads me on to safety in our beloved sport...have the organisers done all they can in terms of safety?
Pretty much. Many would argue that the sport is now too safe and that it takes away from the spectacle. For example being 100s of yards from the cars because of run-off strips and gravel traps.
.Andrew.
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Pretty much. Many would argue that the sport is now too safe and that it takes away from the spectacle. For example being 100s of yards from the cars because of run-off strips and gravel traps.
I praise the amount of safety there is for the fans of F1, it saves the hassle of criticism (sp?) by people claiming it is a 'dangerous sport' for spectators, therefore should be banned. - But that won't happen as there are amazing safety measures for the fans and the drivers.
F1 fanatic
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by A.ndrew)
I praise the amount of safety there is for the fans of F1, it saves the hassle of criticism (sp?) by people claiming it is a 'dangerous sport' for spectators, therefore should be banned. - But that won't happen as there are amazing safety measures for the fans and the drivers.
Oh I praise it definitely. It is certainly not a dangerous sport now. I think that title officially goesto show jumping. But there are other motorsports with much lower safety measures which are not about to be banned.

I agree with you actually. The excellent safety is great, but some would say it was too much and took away from the excitement.
.Andrew.
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Oh I praise it definitely. It is certainly not a dangerous sport now. I think that title officially goesto show jumping. But there are other motorsports with much lower safety measures which are not about to be banned.

I agree with you actually. The excellent safety is great, but some would say it was too much and took away from the excitement.
True, a few rally tournaments i have seen in recent years have poor safety standards. Not alot you can do when a rally car is coming towards you at like 80mph and spins out of control and hits you

I know a said a few posts back that the excitement of F1 isn't as good as olden days, what with more safety now, but i think i re-tract (sp?) from that comment now. As long as the drivers are safe, thats the main thing, and the spectators are as safe as can be
F1 fanatic
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
True, a few rally tournaments i have seen in recent years have poor safety standards. Not alot you can do when a rally car is coming towards you at like 80mph and spins out of control and hits you

I know a said a few posts back that the excitement of F1 isn't as good as olden days, what with more safety now, but i think i re-tract (sp?) from that comment now. As long as the drivers are safe, thats the main thing, and the spectators are as safe as can be
indeed. The safety of formula 1 is a case study of how to do it right. It should be carefully disected by other motorsport bodies and applied as necessary.
Ili
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
You know what I think?! Methinks I'm like Hermione Granger and Stu and Andy are like Harry Potter and Ron Weasley. But instead of talking about Quidditch, they talk about F1 while I'm somewhat lost. :p:
F1 fanatic
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by lyla*)
You know what I think?! Methinks I'm like Hermione Granger and Stu and Andy are like Harry Potter and Ron Weasley. But instead of talking about Quidditch, they talk about F1 while I'm somewhat lost. :p:
well... seeing as this is the F1 soc what did you expect us to talk about? :p: :rofl:
Ili
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
You've got a point there though. :rofl: But I was sort of feeling a bit left out. So clueless about F1 these days. :p:
xavier2k3
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Girls liking F1....that's hawt...

regards
--marty
Ili
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Thanks marty
F1 fanatic
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by lyla*)
You've got a point there though. :rofl: But I was sort of feeling a bit left out. So clueless about F1 these days. :p:
well ask us and we shall inform thee , possibly after an extended period of time if I go to bed :p:
.Andrew.
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by xavier2k3)
Girls liking F1....that's hawt...

regards
--marty
Girls bent over f1 cars in bikinis.... thats even hotter :cool:

(Original post by lyla*)
You know what I think?! Methinks I'm like Hermione Granger and Stu and Andy are like Harry Potter and Ron Weasley. But instead of talking about Quidditch, they talk about F1 while I'm somewhat lost
:hahaha:

I think this is the only society i know quite a bit about, except green day.

I would never talk about quidditch... :dong: As much as i like Harry Potter and all.... :p:
Ili
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
But I dunno what to ask y'all about F1. Maybe later coz right now you should be going to bed, ain't that right? Now go, go! Be gone to bed for thee need some sleep for tomorrow will be a long day for thou. G'night Stu..:wavey:
Ili
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago

:hahaha:

I think this is the only society i know quite a bit about, except green day.

I would never talk about quidditch... :dong: As much as i like Harry Potter and all.... :p:
:rolleyes: @ first sentence

Hmmm...I would think I'd know more about Quidditch than F1 itself. :p:
xavier2k3
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
:eek: pics pls!

regards
--marty
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (459)
38.06%
No - but I will (91)
7.55%
No - I don't want to (85)
7.05%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (571)
47.35%

Watched Threads