English Lit AS AQA Spec B TOMORROW! Watch

WorkHouse
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
I'm resitting the above exam tomorrow (only LTB1) with the set text "Wuthering Heights".......

How's everyone else revising?

it's just i'm really not feeling confident and it's such a long time since i've 'done' a novel....
InTeRRoGaToR
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
im doing LTB2 tmrw
1hr 45 exam with 30 marks on poetry (john keats for me) and 40 marks on drama (cat on a hot tin roof by tennesse williams)
not lookin frwrd to it
today n last nite are the only time i have to revise....not done ANY previous revision for it WHATSOEVER.........

n the LTB1 exam i did in jan......came out of exam feelin terrible knowin i had to resit it......expected bout a D/C but got an A

so ull be ok
WorkHouse
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Cheers, well i suppose anything (bar a U) has to be an improvement on last time - I scraped an E... Was wierd cos i got a B on my coursework piece an A on Blake/Death Of A Salesman... English is V.v.v hit and miss for me.

Mate of mine told me English is the easiest to pass yset hardest to get an A in whereas Maths is hard to pass and the easiset to get an A in.... I know it sounds completely rediculous, however in my school there seems to be some element of truth in that...
jalanky
Badges: 0
Report 12 years ago
Hey guys, wondering if any of you may be able to help as i've got a pretty odd situation:

Repeating LTB1 tomorrow, and i'm actually repeating the year (university error) and did this in January (Great Gatsby) but didn't make a vast improvement so sitting again tomorrow...

My old english tutor has told me to carry on revising Great Gatsby as it will appear in LTB1 tomorrow.

On the other hand, a new english tutor said he hasn't a clue if it will come up or not.

When i repeated it January 06 there, Gatsby came up, do any of you guys know if this is still on the syllabus or any reason it should change? I've got both Great Gatsby and Huck Finn under my belt but not comfortable with the latter.

Thanks in advance!
abood
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
still on the syllabus mate...no worries
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (236)
39.2%
No - but I will (41)
6.81%
No - I don't want to (45)
7.48%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (280)
46.51%

Watched Threads