OASC Failed 6th form sponsorship Watch

This discussion is closed.
Ed1000
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
I failed the 6th form pilot scholarship selection at the interview stage. My AFCO has given me guidlines on what to do and im going to put maximum effort in. They told me I do not need to re-sit the aptitude test, is this true?!?! I was in top 2% ever recorded apparently!
js_atco
Report 14 years ago
That's bad news. How did you find the aptitude tests, heavily weighted towards maths?

Surely if you've not suceeded at OASC selection you've been sent a letter to re-apply in a year or two? If that is the case, I'm sure you'll have to do the aptitude tests again. Perhaps it's different for 6th form sponsorship though.
Wzz
  • CV Helper
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
The tests have a lifetime; certain ones you'll always repeat, others you won't as long as you've done them within a certain timescale.

Who told you that you were in such a high bracket? Bearing in mind that the Pilot Scholarship scheme's been a bit of a disaster, I can't imagine what you must have done in the interview to get thrown out after part one with such good test scores. If you get solid aptitude tests they'd have probably taken you as a pilot scholar.

There's no space in the training system anyway, so you're probably better off being rejected at this stage. Go to uni instead
Ed1000
(Original post by Wzz)
The tests have a lifetime; certain ones you'll always repeat, others you won't as long as you've done them within a certain timescale.

Who told you that you were in such a high bracket? Bearing in mind that the Pilot Scholarship scheme's been a bit of a disaster, I can't imagine what you must have done in the interview to get thrown out after part one with such good test scores. If you get solid aptitude tests they'd have probably taken you as a pilot scholar.

There's no space in the training system anyway, so you're probably better off being rejected at this stage. Go to uni instead
Yes im going to uni, probably the best option. My interview was BAD! Trust me. I wouldnt have hired myself if I was applying for a job in mcdonalds the way I performed! The de-brief officer told me my aptitude scores.
js_atco
Report 14 years ago
What happened that was so bad?
Ed1000
Well I didnt prepare enough, i KNOW i could have passed it but im kicking myself for not prepping enough. Im thinking, if i was successful in getting a uni bursary, would they let me drop uni and come straight in?
js_atco
Report 14 years ago
I think if they offered you a uni bursary, then you tell them that you'd rather be a direct entrant, they might think you're a bit too indecisive. Be consistent, as they want people who are sure of what they want from life.
Wzz
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Why would you apply for university sponsorship if you don't want it? There's no rule that says you can't apply DE while at uni. Don't apply for things you don't want!
Ed1000
(Original post by Wzz)
Why would you apply for university sponsorship if you don't want it? There's no rule that says you can't apply DE while at uni. Don't apply for things you don't want!
Ok but then would I not have to justify why I wasn't going to complete uni? That would be very difficult!
Ed1000
Then again, if I just tell the truth, thats probably best...
Wzz
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Ed1000)
Ok but then would I not have to justify why I wasn't going to complete uni? That would be very difficult!
Easier to justify why you decided that a four year course was too much after 18 months than justifying why you applied for sponsorship for a degree you weren't ever interested in...!
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (152)
18.14%
No (510)
60.86%
Not really bothered about them (176)
21%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed