The Student Room Group

Dissertation help application design

Hi
I have posted this already in other forum 2 months ago but no one replied back.

I need help in seeing what im doing is correct i am doing a SE course and doing a disso on creating an App.

I have already finished my first part and everything except for my methods part. i just wanna see if im in the right direction
So :
1st section requirement gathering:
Understanding the requirement is the foundation to achieving the desired system, which typically happens before the design phase. It is "the part of development in which people discover what is desired, Various techniques were used to capture the users requirement, such as "Idea generation" a concept that involves "creating a meeting in which ideas can be generated" (Gause and Weinberg 1989 p.109) ....... etc

Sub sections :

interviews

observations

functional and non functional requirements e.g
"The requirements collected from the client was comprehensively analyzed, and re-presented to the client in Volere templates. "The Volere template is a compartmentalized container for requirements". (Robertson and Robertson, p.357). Following, it was split into two sections such as functional and non functional.

Usecase spec and diagrams

2nd Section
Design

"The design process was carried out after clients approval of requirement specification. After this , the design was then applied through the use of requirements which was gathered during the first stage. This process further involved the Author developing fundamental diagrams to represent the flow of the system through using the concepts from Object analysis and Design (Arlow, Neustadt, 2007), such as activity diagram and class diagram. "

sub sections :
ER diagrams

SQL designs

GUI
and so on.

i would appreciate any reviews.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending