The Student Room Group

Can't cope with revision stress HELP

I need motivation
(edited 10 years ago)
First of all... don't panic, you won't achieve anything if you panic. In my opinion you should spend as much time revising as you can, but not continuously Try and go sleep earlier and wake up around 4 - 5 in the morning and revise with short breaks. Spend as much time as you can inside school revise with your friends? Or asking your teachers for past paper or revision sheets. Try and revise in the evening as well, but with 10 - 20 minutes breaks in-between.

Revision tips: mindmaps, posters, bullet-points, revision guides etc.

That's as much help I give you, I'm probably going to be in the same situation as you in year 11 with 9-10 exams in a month.

GOOD LUCK!!! :smile:
Reply 2
Stop panicking, get of your computer and just revise. You'll have enough time If you start properly now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Make a plan. Try to fit in the chapters each. It'll make you realize that there is enough time (and hope) to complete that revision before your exams.

Personally, my plans work better when am working on my own-- all alone. I avoid school, skip tuitions and try to avoid all contact with the outside world. It's just 20 days. Your social life will not spike down if you do.

Also, cut down on the sleep. 5 hours a day is just sufficient with few 20-30 minutes naps when you feel tired. Your time is very limited, so do value it.

Be strong and don't allow yourself to feel demotivated-- you can't afford it, there is no time!
You might talk about it with someone if you want but I'm skeptical of it. You might get into long unnecessary discussions which aren't really gonna help you out. After all, the exams, you will have to give them yourself. Might as well start getting used to being your biggest support.

Wake up early morning. Write down what you have to do. Close your eyes and remember why it's important to you.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4
I think the important thing is to try and calm down!!

I'm studying A2 Level Maths, Chemistry and Physics so I understand the pressure of hard A Levels! For me, being organised is crucial, not necessarily a revision timetable as I find those restricting, but certainly a revision plan. You need to know what topics you're best at and which ones you're not so good at. Try a past paper and find out which areas are more difficult thank others.

I find re-doing notes and making posters really help, but don't forget to do as many past questions as you can! It's good to know how the exam boards want you to answer the question!! Know the key words for each topic!

I hope this helps!!

Good luck!! :smile:
If you really want those A-levels that you spent the last 13 years working towards, then putting your life on hold for a few weeks is not the hardest thing you will ever do to stop those years going to waste?

Think of it like this is an investment in your long term future. Your real friends will understand, but you owe it to yourself to get motivated and put some real effort in NOW.

As other have said, you need a good plan.

One which has time for doing exam questions so you get experience under timed conditions. Space these throughout your revision and you will feel get a real feel for how well you are doing and where you need to put in extra effort.

Map out your topic headings for each and allocate the time accordingly.
Give yourself as much time as you dare. Get up really early, change your routine

Tell your family this is what you will be doing. They need to support you as well in this.

Clear your revision space of all distractions or find a space where there is none.

Turn off your mobile, don't answer txt's, or go on social websites, don't play video games, don't watch TV. This is simply entertainment and in no way is important to where you are in the here and now.

Don't convince yourself you are missing out on all the action your friends are having. That is transient and the world will still be there when your exams are over.

You just simply have to have that discipline.

Good luck and go for it! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest