Turn on thread page Beta

Rammstein watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I like it every much. what about you think?

ReputationRep:
    band? yeah they are good, i've got their "mutter" album

ReputationRep:
    not a big fan but the song they have on the foreign film lilya 4-ever is awesome

ReputationRep:
    they are amasing! i especially love the title song from triple x, fire frei or something!

ReputationRep:
    They're great! My favorite album is "Sehnsucht". Has anyone ever tried translating their lyrics? Some of their songs are pretty f*cked up! Like "tier" is about incest and "buch dich" means "bend over" so...um...yeah. What's even more screwed up is over in America, for the song "Ich Will" when they recorded it here and on music videos for an American audience they inserted the screams "I hate" in the background to act as a translation. Ich Will actually means "I have" though, so I guess they were appealing to angry pissed off teens? Kinda sad, the national tragedy at Columbine High School was blamed on Rammstein's music

ReputationRep:
    you cant beat du haste though! i hav only just heard of them since triple x came out, im a bit of a virgin wen it comes to music, but im steadily becoming a slut! only joking im a good girl i am! can you recomend the best of their albums ive only got live aust berlin, which is excellent!

ReputationRep:
    I quite like Sonne

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sparkly-ruby)
    you cant beat du haste though!
    I'd say that's my fave - simply becasue even with GCSE german I can figure out the simple lyrics and that makes me chuckle. Do like the music, and their videos are usualy pretty good - is the snow white one for mutter?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone heard their cover of Barbie Girl?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rednirt)
    I'd say that's my fave - simply becasue even with GCSE german I can figure out the simple lyrics and that makes me chuckle. Do like the music, and their videos are usualy pretty good - is the snow white one for mutter?
    The snow white video is for Sonne.

ReputationRep:
    the vid for that is very freaky, wen i first seen it i didnt no who it was and told everyone bout this amazing music video and noone believed me but now i shall hav the last laugh on them gonna make dem pay for thinking that i was mad mha ha ha ha haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa(hacki ng cough) mental note give up ****!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bitewing)
    The snow white video is for Sonne.
    thats the one... knew it was some member of the family unit.

ReputationRep:
    Rammstein are pretty good, yes. My favourite track by them is probably Spieluhr [sp?]. Although I think that's just because I'm a sucker for vocoders.

I've not heard their version of Barbie Girl, but their cover of Kraftwerk's Das Modell is excellent.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 23, 2004
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.