The Student Room Group
On campus at University of Worcester
University of Worcester
Worcester

Interview for (Paramedic) Pre-Hospital, Unscheduled & Emergency Care FdSc

Hello

I have an interview coming up and wondered what I should except if anyone could help that would be great

Reply 1
Hi.

i did my selection day a last year and got a place on this septembers intake so i start soon :-)

it was a long day but good, they talk you through the course and then the day consists of a maths test (which i failed first time - you only get one chance to re-sit! thankfully i passed 2nd time!) its basic maths like, ratio's, changing decimals to percentage to fraction, basic sums, that kind of thing.. if your not great at maths definately try and do a bit of quick revision to refresh it in your memory.
you also have to do a short essay about your care experience if you have any, similar to what you put in your personal statement, i think you get half an hour but it goes so quick so try and have an idea of what your going to write before you go, obviously they are looking at puctuation too so be mindful of that when writing. makie sure you add in things from jobs, school etc highlighting your people skills

you will do a role play too, they split you into small groups and give you a scenario.. ours was something to do with people stranded on a ship.. and they are looking for how you interact with people - dont be too overbaring and 'in your face' but dont sit quietly and say nothing, make sure you have your say but dont be conscious that they are watching you cuz it will make you nervous.

you'll then go for lunch while they mark the maths tests and then everyone gets called back 1 at a time to the person who did your group exercise and they tell you whether youve got through the interview. if you have you'll sit with a mentor and i had a paramedic in mine and they ask you questions - not gonna lie - it was really scary!! i was sweating!! they ask you things about what you've experienced, what you think the role of a paramedic is, about you personally and what skills you can bring to the job etc. Speaking to some people that came out of interviews with different people they had some different questions so can't garauntee you'll get those on the day but those are some that i had.

most important is be confident, be smiley and friendly and be prepared for maths and essay!!
On campus at University of Worcester
University of Worcester
Worcester

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending