Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cate)
    Well if I was a guy I'm not sure I'd want to be called 'pretty'!
    You're more cute than pretty
    Haha.. true enough..

In my country, people use the word 'chio' to describe everything that is beautiful. Be it male or female, flowers or animals...

It's quite a joke really..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gimp)
    Daytime television my dear. Talk shows! It isn't only Americans but I like to stereotype.

Hah
    Thanks. Will try to catch it if I have the chance. Hope it isn't that bad as what you said. ehhe..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piginapoke)
    Define 'beauty on the inside'. Its a cop-out. Its like saying 'well, I'm not very bright, but I can lift heavy things, thats much more important'.

Check out my brains vs brawn thread in the discussion forum. Beauty is the same as either brains or brawn - you're either born with it or not, and you can work at it. Its just another human attribute that some value more highly than others.
    Hmmm... true. But "Its like saying 'well, I'm not very bright, but I can lift heavy things, thats much more important'." is the randomest comparison I have ever heard!
    Beauty on the inside means being a nice person.

(Original post by Cate)
    Hmmm... true. But "Its like saying 'well, I'm not very bright, but I can lift heavy things, thats much more important'." is the randomest comparison I have ever heard!
    Anyone see Jasper Carrots last show on the bbc? He had quite a funny little beauty vs inner beauty debate. Seems relevant here, somehow .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cate)
    Yup.. and not harbouring any ill intentions towards your friends, your best friends etc and certainly no back-stabbing as well...

Ummm... I thought alocin was a female? Why's her pic in the Male section? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trinigyal)
    Ummm... I thought alocin was a female? Why's her pic in the Male section? :confused:
    because you were wrong

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piginapoke)
    Beauty is the same as either brains or brawn - you're either born with it or not, and you can work at it. Its just another human attribute that some value more highly than others.
    However, it's also less permanent. Unlike brains, which usually develop over time, beauty peaks much earlier and from there its a downhill roll.

(Original post by ]{ingnik)
    because you were wrong
    U sure??? I never met a guy named Nicola before!

ReputationRep:
    Oooh that Danithestudent's a bit of stuff isn't she

ReputationRep:
    hay shazza i tryed to check out the pics but my pc wont show them, i was real disapointed cause i wanted to see everyones faces, anything i can do to make it so i can access the site properly???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snow_white)
    hay shazza i tryed to check out the pics but my pc wont show them, i was real disapointed cause i wanted to see everyones faces, anything i can do to make it so i can access the site properly???
    make sure your browser is allowing pictures!! I don't really know, does it come up with the outlines, and a red x?? if so try right clicking and pressing show picture!

I will just check it myself, make sure the server isn't down or something. love s x

ReputationRep:
    no, it's working, you will have to try what I said, love s x

ReputationRep:
    However, it's also less permanent. Unlike brains, which usually develop over time, beauty peaks much earlier and from there its a downhill roll.
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOO! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snow_white)
    Looks okay to me Maybe you should try it one more time and give some time for the pictures to load

(Original post by shazza)
    make sure your browser is allowing pictures!! I don't really know, does it come up with the outlines, and a red x?? if so try right clicking and pressing show picture!

I will just check it myself, make sure the server isn't down or something. love s x
    How come your profile says the website is http://uklearning.tripod.net (which doesn't work) while your signature says http://uklearning.tripod.com (which does)?

I didn't have the signature option on so i had to click on your name to get the website but it wasn't working, so then i had to go change my settings so i could see your signature to get the proper address.

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.