The Student Room Group

Bristol or Exeter for economics?

Hello guys

I am about to make my final decision. Just want some advises on which uni is better. I know Bristol well cause I live here. So I am quite happy about the social life here. Can anyone tell me what it is like in Exeter? Also which is more prestigious.

Anything about the course will also be greatly appreciated :smile:
Oh and I am quite a decent basketball player. Is any of those uni good at basketball or are there any local clubs I can join? Cheers :smile:
Reply 1
Bristol is probably more prestigious
Reply 2
It's a much of a muchness. I'd probably opt for Bristol, however, due to location and there being more to do there and better links to London. Exeter is nonetheless a nice place and they have an equally strong course.
Reply 3
Not sure about basketball but Bristol is certainly top class institution in terms of academics, prestige and any quality for a very top Uni. Exeter is also very good. BGC (By God's Grace) I'm off to Bristol next week for Post offer Day for economics. Bristol is certainly in league with Warwick, UCL, LSE, Durham and behind Oxbridge especially with their 5* rated courses and departments. Hope this helps

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Rororoy21
Not sure about basketball but Bristol is certainly top class institution in terms of academics, prestige and any quality for a very top Uni. Exeter is also very good. BGC (By God's Grace) I'm off to Bristol next week for Post offer Day for economics. Bristol is certainly in league with Warwick, UCL, LSE, Durham and behind Oxbridge especially with their 5* rated courses and departments. Hope this helps

I'd say your last statement is a bit misleading for economics.

It's well known that Durham's economics course isn't very mathematical. It has nothing to do with their BA qualification, but a mere fact they don't cover matrix algebra until second year and they don't cover classical econometric theory in matrix notation.

So I'd say Bristol is above Durham.

But, at the same time, Bristol isn't on a par with Warwick, UCL, or LSE when it comes to economics.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending