both rock/alternative stations predominantly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kurdt Morello)
    Which do you guys tend to listen to more - i listen to Xfm more
    What's Xfm? I don't listen to either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by happysunshine)
    What's Xfm? I don't listen to either.
    104.9 fm - the girl presenters are so damn hot!

ReputationRep:
    I haven't heard of XFM and I wouldn't know what frequency for either of them was - could you post the approx frequencies so we can try listening to them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alocin)
    I haven't heard of XFM and I wouldn't know what frequency for either of them was - could you post the approx frequencies so we can try listening to them?
    frequencies now on the first post

ReputationRep:
    104.9 fm - the girl presenters are so damn hot!
    Hmm and you can't either see them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by happysunshine)
    Hmm and you can't either see them.
    lol - i know that - but i have seen them at various awards ceremonies = Lauren Laverne was at NME Awards Show - she is a blonde bombshell with the voice of a northern angel

ReputationRep:
    the two stations are both excellent, but i prefer xfm. i had my alarm on xfm until my mate changed it cos his girlfriend complained when they turned the radio on! cant actually pick the frequency up now :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ]{ingnik)
    the two stations are both excellent, but i prefer xfm. i had my alarm on xfm until my mate changed it cos his girlfriend complained when they turned the radio on! cant actually pick the frequency up now :mad:
    Xfm is excellent - it is for the younger people i think - Virgin is a bit too much like Capital in its format - but i still listen to it occasionally because it plays excellent stuff

I think Xfm is only in london. I used to listen to it a few years ago but it has changed in deep meaningful ways, so i stopped listening to it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GeneralGrievous)
    I think Xfm is only in london. I used to listen to it a few years ago but it has changed in deep meaningful ways, so i stopped listening to it.
    hmm - did it become too mainstream for you?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I just checked on their website and XFM is only for London.

hmm - did it become too mainstream for you?
    I just grew out of it. I had to let go of the past and move on. I dont live in london anymore, so you could say i was forced to stop listening, but i always thought of it as Xfm shouting at me "Get out of london and stop listening to us". At least, that's how the therapist explained it....

ReputationRep:
    Excellent poll . Virgin used to own, but then they went all soft and started playing poppy crap (e.g. Pink). Also began to resort to classics more and more, which although I don't mind I'd still prefer to here more new stuff, since the radio, along with MTV2, is my resource for new good new music.

Xfm does play a lot of hip-hop and stuff, which I'm not too keen on (apart from "Hey Ya"!) but at least they are slightly less mainstream, and even get the occasional piece of hard rock in on Music Response, along with the Rock Show of course. So currently it's Xfm.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zapsta)
    Excellent poll . Virgin used to own, but then they went all soft and started playing poppy crap (e.g. Pink). Also began to resort to classics more and more, which although I don't mind I'd still prefer to here more new stuff, since the radio, along with MTV2, is my resource for new good new music.

Xfm does play a lot of hip-hop and stuff, which I'm not too keen on (apart from "Hey Ya"!) but at least they are slightly less mainstream, and even get the occasional piece of hard rock in on Music Response, along with the Rock Show of course. So currently it's Xfm.
    i agree with everything said...but its still hard to chose between the two...i love Jezzas show on Virgin, i can get so hooked...but i can never miss jimmy carr...he's such a joker...and i love ian camfield!!! And Kurdt...how come you never mentioned the Struge?!

ReputationRep:
    Xfm, but its not as good as it was before it was taken over by Capital. This was 4 or 5 years ago, since then theres far more adverts, far more poppy stuff and the popular songs are played far too often (ie every time sterophonics have a single out).

But then again, Ricky Gervais, Carl, Iain Lee etc, top people....oh, anyone remember Trevor during Iain Lee shows??! That guy was hilarious, never knew if it was set up or not....

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone remember Zane Lowe? he was a dj on xfm two years ago i think...i never knew what happened to him! He had the sexiest voice ever...loved him...gosh and i can hear his beautiful right now...with that tinge of australian in it, i think it was.

I WANT ZANE LOWE BACK...HE WAS YUMMY

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThornsnRoses)
    Does anyone remember Zane Lowe? he was a dj on xfm two years ago i think...i never knew what happened to him! He had the sexiest voice ever...loved him...gosh and i can hear his beautiful right now...with that tinge of australian in it, i think it was.

I WANT ZANE LOWE BACK...HE WAS YUMMY
    Zane is now on Radio 1... has evening shows!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Specialheffa)
    oh my god! :eek: SELL OUT! TRAITOR!!! I'm a radio one convert! I love him!...hehehe jokes...oh...no fair i really liked him But thanks for the information...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Specialheffa)
    And he hosts Gonzo on MTV2.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.