The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

QMUL for Law (M100)?

Hello guys,

I have received an unconditional offer from QMUL. As the deadline for indicating a final decision is drawing closer, I would like to get some feedback from you regarding Queen Mary's LLB Law programme in terms of:

- quality of teaching (willingness of the academic staff to explain the material diligently and in detail, go through difficult topics together with students)

- a reasonable ratio of what lecturers and ask from their students - i.e. 50%:50%

- campus location and accommodation

- city and student life

- overall reputation and employability prospects

Thank you for your answers in advance. Looking forward to reading them.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Seekerr
Hello guys,

I have received an unconditional offer from QMUL. As the deadline for indicating a final decision is drawing closer, I would like to get some feedback from you regarding Queen Mary's LLB Law programme in terms of:

- quality of teaching (willingness of the academic staff to explain the material diligently and in detail, go through difficult topics together with students)

- a reasonable ratio of what lecturers and ask from their students - i.e. 50%:50%

- campus location and accommodation

- city and student life

- overall reputation and employability prospects

Thank you for your answers in advance. Looking forward to reading them.

General things are:

Campus location is pretty good, everything is on a campus which is really good especially for something so close to central London. Accommodation by the uni is really good if your eligible, however after 1st year you got to find your own place and east London is quite cheap compared to other areas. Even the food, loads of restaurants, fried chicken shops, local sainsbury, budgens, co-op nearby.....further away a large Sainsbury, a local tesco's........Westfield is quite near a 5-10min bus ride or a few minutes on the tube.

As far as I'm aware, law department is really good and well known, you guys get a huge fair compared to other departments.
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Reply 2
Thanks, lqbal007. Any QMUL LLB students out there to reply as well? :biggrin:

Quick Reply