Hair products for men?

Watch
mr_connery
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I'm a guy with medium length hair, and I was wondering what products are good to style my hair with? My hair is quite thing, and gets quite wavy when it's long (bits of it kind of curl out a bit too).

I use Shockwaves Go Matt Clay at the minute which is alright, but I don't feel as if it holds my hair well enough. I want the style to stay throughout the day but keep my hair feeling natural, as opposed to a sticky or hard feeling you get from some products.

This is the style I'm going for:

Name:  hair2.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  43.4 KB

Name:  hair1.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  58.8 KB
Pink Boy
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Use hairspray after styling; it'll hold much longer.
mr_connery
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by Pink Boy)
Use hairspray after styling; it'll hold much longer.
Thanks, I was thinking of it but one of my friends uses it and his hair is really weird and hard (possibly using too much?).

Could you recommend any good ones please?
Pink Boy
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by mr_connery)
Thanks, I was thinking of it but one of my friends uses it and his hair is really weird and hard (possibly using too much?).

Could you recommend any good ones please?
Yea, using too much makes your hair go hard and crispy. The thing about hairsprays is using one that doesn't smell too pungent or overwhelmingly strong. I recommend Garnier Fructis crystal resist hairspray.

Just remember to spray it 20cm from your hair so it actually sprays instead of being concentrated in an area (which can causes the hardness).
keith269
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
You may also find this article useful:

http://www.gq.com/style/groom/201403...oducts-for-men
Jimpix
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
VO5 Gel/Wax - really holds for hairstyle in without hardening your hair, great for men and women
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (120)
28.1%
No - I have already returned home (57)
13.35%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (84)
19.67%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (40)
9.37%
No - I live at home during term anyway (126)
29.51%

Watched Threads