Turn on thread page Beta

Imperial Medicine watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi!
    have you applied to IC and heard anything...because i have applied and heard nothing...and am worried ****!!!! would also like to hear about your other applications and progress...

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nodabooper)
    Hi!
    have you applied to IC and heard anything...because i have applied and heard nothing...and am worried ****!!!! would also like to hear about your other applications and progress...

Thanks!
    Hey,

I had an interview at IC yesterday Try not to worry, they are apparently interviewing all the way until the beginning of April so there's still time. My friend called and they just said they were really oversubscribed this year (the rumour is that a lot of applicants who steered clear of UCL because of the BMAT applied to IC instead).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucy)
    Hey,

I had an interview at IC yesterday Try not to worry, they are apparently interviewing all the way until the beginning of April so there's still time. My friend called and they just said they were really oversubscribed this year (the rumour is that a lot of applicants who steered clear of UCL because of the BMAT applied to IC instead).
    Hey Lucy!

I didn't know u had ur IC interview! well done- how did it go? i haven't hearn anything from them yet myself! i had Barts interview the other day it was ok- i really need to get in cause even if i got an imperial interview i reckon i'd do crap!

anyway well done for getting the interview! I'm sure you'll be getting an offer from them real soon!

sam
    x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SAM*)
    Hey Lucy!

I didn't know u had ur IC interview! well done- how did it go? i haven't hearn anything from them yet myself! i had Barts interview the other day it was ok- i really need to get in cause even if i got an imperial interview i reckon i'd do crap!

anyway well done for getting the interview! I'm sure you'll be getting an offer from them real soon!

sam
    x
    Heya Sam !

How was your QWM interview? Did you find the video bit ok? I was pleasantly surprised when I went to Imperial, they were all really nice and friendly It was delayed so I was waiting around for quite a bit but a first year kept me company while I quizzed him about the medical school Everyone got given a question on the slip of paper - ours was "Should fertility treatment be available on the NHS?".

I thought I would find the panel of 4 (There were 2 doctors, 1 member of the admissions team & 1 fourth year medic) daunting but they were quite welcoming. Everything was very much personal statement related. The only question which I had to really think about was "Name three things in the past 100 years which have had a large impact in the medical world." They are also likely to challenge your answer to the assigned question but they are very polite about it all!

Anyway, if you have any more questions then feel free to ask No doubt you will hear soon enough, there are still plenty of people at my school who haven't received any interview dates. Fingers crossed for QWM and IC!

ReputationRep:
    hey nodabooper,
    dont worry about it, they seem to have a reputation for running their interviews all the way to the wire. there is still plenty of time to get an interview from them. I had mine about 2 weeks ago and recieved my offer this morning, so they make their decisions fairly quickly after your interview.
    Good luck
    :cool:

ReputationRep:
    LUCY!

Hey! I'm happy that your imperial intreview went well! i didn't realise that there is a panel of four- i would of been petrified.

At QMW i had two on my panel a doctor and a fourth year medic- both were very pleasent, i didnt't get any NHS related questions jus mainly orientated around medicine (pros cons, etc), me (how i cope with stress, etc) and QMW (problems i may encounter, etc), nothing on my personal statement however i dragged my work experience into it!

I haven't heard anyhting yet but should do by Tuesday, even though they said it would be 3/4 weeks most people hear within a week! i'm so nevous! this is like my last chance cause even if i got interview at imperial i don't think i would do well!

I'm sure you'll be recieving your offer from IC soon! oh yeah just out of what did u answer to their question bout three big medical problems in the last century?

Do you know what is going to be your insurance choice yet?

sam
    x

ReputationRep:
    i just got a rejection letter this morning - buggers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theycallmemrpig)
    My close friend was rejected this morning too I'm positive you'll have a fantastic time at King's though - I met some of the friendliest people when I went there and the medical school is world-renowned

Sam - They said I would hear in 2 weeks so not too long As for the question, I first talked about the discovery of penicillin by Fleming, then went on to talk about the polio vaccine. I couldn't really think of a third thing so I mentioned improved drug cocktails which prolong the lives of HIV infected patients?! At that point I think they realised I was grasping at straws

As for my insurance, I don't really know. I thought I would really hate Imperial so that would make my decision easier but now i'm more confused than ever Will cross that bridge when I come to it anyway.

Anyway, good luck with everything and let me know how you get on

ReputationRep:
    Good Luck with the results Lucy .. glad all went well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilsunflower)
    Good Luck with the results Lucy .. glad all went well
    Thanks !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theycallmemrpig)
    Hey! sorry to hear that! was that a rejection after interview?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 20, 2004
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.