The Student Room Group
Students at University of Huddersfield
University of Huddersfield
Huddersfield
Visit website

Nursing courses/foundation year

Hii I applied for the health professions foundation year, to go on to mental health nursing, in january and was invited to an interview for march. It's been just over a month now and i've still not heard back. How long is it usually until you hear a response?

Thankyou :smile:
Reply 1
Hey, I'm going to be doing the foundation year as well. I've only just got a reply a few months after my interview.. seem to take their time about it. I'm not going to be doing nursing afterwards, hoping to do Podiatry, but I think the course is the same for everyone except the personal tutors are different and some of the 1 day placements might be different. That's what I gathered from the interview anyway.
Students at University of Huddersfield
University of Huddersfield
Huddersfield
Visit website
Reply 2
Hiii, I finally heard back after I rang up because my boss was asking about shift patterns for September so I asked them when I would find out if I had a place and they just told me there and then :smile:
I presumed the same thing, it is all basics like anatomy, physiology, maths, IT etc for the foundation year isn't it, so I guess I'll be seeing you there in September!
Reply 3
That's good news! I only have a conditional right now, only based on the CRB check and the health check though so it should be fine. I'm totally new to this type of course and haven't done anything work related in health care before. Gunna be really strange lol. You worked in health care before?
Reply 4
Yeah im a healthcare assistant on a gastro ward, ive worked there for about a year and a half. I do bank shifts on different wards aswell :smile: im sure you will enjoy it! What do you do at the moment?
Reply 5
I do all kinds of freelance multimedia design like web design, graphic design, designing flyers, leaflets, covers and posters. That sort of thing. I really don't enjoy doing it though so that's why I'm moving on to something new.
Reply 6
I came across this facebook group for nursing students starting in sept and thought you might want to check it out :smile:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/511756605528700/
Reply 7
ah great i've joined it :smile: there's a link on there to the freshers group aswell!
oh i see, so have you been to uni before? i sort of did the same thing, I went to uni in Leeds and did a History and English Literature degree but I decided to start all over again
Reply 8
Original post by Linelli
ah great i've joined it :smile: there's a link on there to the freshers group aswell!
oh i see, so have you been to uni before? i sort of did the same thing, I went to uni in Leeds and did a History and English Literature degree but I decided to start all over again

Yeh, I've been to uni before. I was last at Huddersfield Uni in 2011 but I had to drop out almost straight away because of money issues. Glad to be going back though and to get another chance.
Reply 9
Hi guys :smile:
I am pretty sure I am not going to get the required grades for my unis, so I was wondering which unis provide a foundation course for adult nursing? Thank you.
Hi I didn't get the grades in the end.Did you find out what unis offered the foundation course for adult nursing? I found Keele and Huddersfield if that helps. Would love to hear back from you and hope you sorted!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending