Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by waiting2smile)
    Maybe you're a strong person. Anyway I don't think i can ever imagine how low the person that contemplates suicide feels.
    Not good at all, I'll tell you that much. Makes bouncing up all the sweeter!

What happened to leaving this place?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by s-man)
    yo someone explain to me what you mean by "self harm", is it as serious as it sounds, like cutting yourself with knives, or am i thinkin of something different?
    when my sister does it she just carves up her arms with knives - have two in my drawer that i took from her room a few weeks ago.

(Original post by onlylittleme)
    Can be cutting with knives, or burning yourself, or hitting yourself etc just like the name sounds, any way of hurting yourself, there is even some condition in which people pull out their hairs to hurt themselves.

not tryin to be judgmental or anything but doesn't that seem a little extreme for tryin to cope with stress?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by s-man)
    not tryin to be judgmental or anything but doesn't that seem a little extreme for tryin to cope with stress?
    Desperate times, desperate measures.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XTinaA)
    Not good at all, I'll tell you that much. Makes bouncing up all the sweeter!

What happened to leaving this place?
    Juwel i really did try but after a few days...guess what i couldn't resist I'm now trying to come on ukl less frequently, i think i should pm the mods to ban me for my own good.

ReputationRep:
    Juwel i really did try but after a few days...guess what i couldn't resist I'm now trying to come on ukl less frequently, i think i should pm the mods to ban me for my own good.
    Well it's great that you're here.

How'd you get on last week?

ReputationRep:
    Well it's great that you're here.

How'd you get on last week?
    last week? If you mean a certain thursday...2 As (Central concepts + retake of the transport paper for Biology). You?

ReputationRep:
    last week? If you mean a certain thursday...2 As (Central concepts + retake of the transport paper for Biology). You?
    AABBD, woohoo and doh together. 13 exams in May/June, 6 of them resits. You?

ReputationRep:
    AABBD, woohoo and doh together. 13 exams in May/June, 6 of them resits. You?
    Congratulations No resits for this June and as for how many exams - four A Levels=no idea

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations No resits for this June and as for how many exams - four A Levels=no idea
    should be ok

ReputationRep:
    Four A-Levels and not one resit?! You're either very good, very lucky, or very unambitious...

Well 5 of my resits is me bumping Bs and As up, despite disliking the system for allowing this but hey, if it's there to be exploited...

ReputationRep:
    Four A-Levels and not one resit?! You're either very good, very lucky, or very unambitious...

Well 5 of my resits is me bumping Bs and As up, despite disliking the system for allowing this but hey, if it's there to be exploited...
    I'd like at least two As and and two Bs in Biology/history and that seems likely without retakes.

ReputationRep:

u alright juwel? i took all my resits in Jan when i was in my final yr

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kurdt Morello)
    should be ok
    I thought you were going to sleep? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    I thought you were going to sleep? :confused:
    i did too - i couldnt resist sending you one final retort

ReputationRep:
    I'd like at least two As and and two Bs in Biology/history and that seems likely without retakes.
    good to be on certain ground with offers and the like - i am not in that position this year - nor was i last yr ... i see a pattern developing

ReputationRep:
    Well all the best

A in maths, dead cert I reckon but I'll do P1 again anyway, 80/100 is not good enough.
    A in accounting, well thanks to my D in the January module it hangs in the balance, but with a bit of work I can get it. Damn I have to work for it...
    A in economics, OK I'm averaging a B as it stands. The examiners were *******s in our last module! Still, I might get lucky and score an A. Otherwise my university destination depends very much on my accounting grade, yikes...

Evening Kurdt my dawg...

ReputationRep:
    Well all the best

A in maths, dead cert I reckon but I'll do P1 again anyway, 80/100 is not good enough.
    A in accounting, well thanks to my D in the January module it hangs in the balance, but with a bit of work I can get it. Damn I have to work for it...
    A in economics, OK I'm averaging a B as it stands. The examiners were *******s in our last module! Still, I might get lucky and score an A. Otherwise my university destination depends very much on my accounting grade, yikes...

Evening Kurdt my dawg...
    thanx 4 tryin to help me. i hav tols my friends and they are trying to helpm me as well as they can. i went to the doctors and i am on anti depressents to try and help me. i have cleared all of the knives and sharp objects out of my room and i havnt cut myself again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hevva111)
    thanx 4 tryin to help me. i hav tols my friends and they are trying to helpm me as well as they can. i went to the doctors and i am on anti depressents to try and help me. i have cleared all of the knives and sharp objects out of my room and i havnt cut myself again.
    Well done, keep up the good work! YOu can do it!

ReputationRep:
    hey, i really feel for you. a couple of years ago i had clinical depression and used to self harm too. i think the best advice i can give you is to tell someone who you trust. just talking about it and bringing it out into the open will make the world of a difference to how you feel. chances are you're just a bit stressed with exams looming and things are getting on top of you. try not to worry, things will get better, remember that exams aren't the end of the wold and that your health is much more importnt than grades on a set of paper. if you ever want to talk to someone who's been through it, PM me, i'll be happy to try and help.

Poll
Favourite type of bread
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.