The Student Room Group

General Engineering courses?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by loua96
Because "Frankster" Geography is *apparently* one of the most competitive courses at UNIQ. And UNIQ's based on admins deciding whether or not you get in, not the academics :biggrin:

And so our we. That's what holidays are for - to catch up on all the work you've missed/couldn't be bothered to do before :teehee:

Trust me dude, UNIQ places more emphasis on academics and your PS, not just random admins :tongue: I think that's why 3 people including myself in my class got in for engineering (we're all straight A*s at GCSE, and probably had a damn good PS :biggrin: )

Hmhm yeah... but the trouble is I've got my gold dofe expedition to sort out during the summer too :frown:
Reply 21
Original post by Frankster
Trust me dude, UNIQ places more emphasis on academics and your PS, not just random admins :tongue: I think that's why 3 people including myself in my class got in for engineering (we're all straight A*s at GCSE, and probably had a damn good PS :biggrin: )

Hmhm yeah... but the trouble is I've got my gold dofe expedition to sort out during the summer too :frown:

Actually, I meant that it's based on the administrative staff's decision on whether you get in - not the academic staff's. Obviously it's academic, it's Oxford :rolleyes:

Haha, good luck with that bro. Mine's not till next year :biggrin:
Reply 22
Original post by loua96
Actually, I meant that it's based on the administrative staff's decision on whether you get in - not the academic staff's. Obviously it's academic, it's Oxford :rolleyes:

Haha, good luck with that bro. Mine's not till next year :biggrin:

Hmhm I see what you mean.. :tongue:

Yeah I cba to do it this year tbh, so much more important stuff to do this summer. :tongue:

This time next week I would've done one of my exams already (M1) :eek: But that's alright.. the 'hard' exams are in June

Quick Reply

Latest