The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

My childhood :K:

Original post by DontJudge
OMG DID YOU GUYS SEE BANGLADESH AT THE OLYMPICS :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I hope they win some medals :smile:
Original post by Iqbal007
why does that give me the option for marrying a northerner :curious:
Probably won't, it would stand out actually, for pretty long time.

you guys are in serious need of some charity :sadnod:

Us noverners have personalities. Londoners are dry.

LOOOL.
How dare you :hmmm:
You haven't even lived here,so shhhh.

Original post by Politricks
I've heard about how people's accent change slightly when they go elsewhere for university :yep:

The Natural sciences degree basically brings in modules from Maths, Physics, Biology, and Chemistry - and you get to choose which modules you want to do, which is cool.

Haha, no, no, not to get married, just to visit :smile: I'm going to get married young after I graduate :love: - perhaps around 23 or 24.

At what age do you hope to get married? Are you going to bring home a freshie fresh from Bangladesh, or find someone from the Norf' :wink:

I'm not scared of spiders as long as they're small, if they're big I chicken out, whether they're poisonous or not is completely irrelevant. Oh yeah, haha, that was probably my worst experience in Bangladesh; people who complain about public toilets in the UK ought to go to a public toilet on a ferry in Bangladesh :afraid: It was damp, the lighting was bad, I could smell the river underneath the toilet, and there were cockroaches crawling about everywhere, AND I had to do a number 2 :cry:

Yeah trust me, you'll go back home and your mum won't even understand ya.:tongue:

Sounds good, what are the job prospects?

Hai hai, seems like you can't wait :hubba:
LOololol. I don't think about stuff like that. I'm just gonna be a bachelor innit.

Looool that story still makes me LOL :rofl: and bless ya, i bet you were soo full of **** that day :console:
But yeah we hardly went anywhere,when we went, just stayed inside watching the fan spin round and round.

I hope they win some medals :smile:

Stop using that psychotic smiley :smile: :smile: :smile: <-pupils are dilated therefore it seems like its on drugs. Dont ask :colondollar:
Be yourrrselfff.

And omg i was just laffing cos, the other countries had like 100 people in them, and then bangladesh came with like 3 players. And commentator was taking the mick as well saying 'country of millions and yet only 3 qualify'. :rofl:
Us noverners have personalities. Londoners are dry.

LOOOL.
How dare you :hmmm:
You haven't even lived here,so shhhh.

Everyone has some personailities, you shouldn't make generalisations which are very opinionated :hmmm:

It's cos its ********, theres always documentaries of poverty on it :rolleyes:
its ok, we'll give you technology which lets you magically get phone calls on a small square metal contrapectaion contraption......... and light which appears from glass :eek:

Yeah trust me, you'll go back home and your mum won't even understand ya.:tongue:

Sounds good, what are the job prospects?

Hai hai, seems like you can't wait :hubba:
LOololol. I don't think about stuff like that. I'm just gonna be a bachelor innit.

Looool that story still makes me LOL :rofl: and bless ya, i bet you were soo full of **** that day :console:
But yeah we hardly went anywhere,when we went, just stayed inside watching the fan spin round and round.

The prospects are good, I just checked, Natural Sciences also includes modules from Geography, Geology, Psychology, and Computing.

You can't be a bachelor forever, DJ, you're going to get lonely at one point, so lonely that you might even consider importing a freshie!

Ahh, however horrible my story was, it just made me feel so nostalgic; I miss Bangladesh :frown: I can't wait until I go back to visit the motherland, I miss riding the ferry on the beautiful evening river to Barisal, I miss the atmosphere in general, and I miss staring at all the pretty girls in the Dhaka shopping malls :daydreaming:

Stop using that psychotic smiley :smile: :smile: :smile: <-pupils are dilated therefore it seems like its on drugs. Dont ask :colondollar:
Be yourrrselfff.

I'm sorry, I have to ask...how do you know that? :eyeball:

:smile: <- I bet you can tell how long he's been high for too!
Everyone has some personailities, you shouldn't make generalisations which are very opinionated :hmmm:

It's cos its ********, theres always documentaries of poverty on it :rolleyes:
its ok, we'll give you technology which lets you magically get phone calls on a small square metal contrapectaion contraption......... and light which appears from glass :eek:

True dat. You lot just have boring personalities then. :wink:
You just made a generalisation that my area is in need of charity. :angry:

Well money won't solve anything. It's the way the government deals with it.

I do have a phone :colonhash: Why do you need a fabulous phone anyways? The main function of a phone is to call someone. My phone does that, therefore I am satisfied. Just cos i didn't give you my number Iqbal, doesn't mean you should conclude to the fact that I don't own a phone. :naughty:

The prospects are good, I just checked, Natural Sciences also includes modules from Geography, Geology, Psychology, and Computing.

You can't be a bachelor forever, DJ, you're going to get lonely at one point, so lonely that you might even consider importing a freshie!

Ahh, however horrible my story was, it just made me feel so nostalgic; I miss Bangladesh :frown: I can't wait until I go back to visit the motherland, I miss riding the ferry on the beautiful evening river to Barisal, I miss the atmosphere in general, and I miss staring at all the pretty girls in the Dhaka shopping malls :daydreaming:

So do you have a career in mind?Or are you still thinking about it.

Nah, i'm a one-man party. I don't need men in my life. They slow down the process of life innit.

Seriously? I don't feel the same. But Dhaka is very different from sylet. Not hawt girls :sad: cos it's a poorer area.

I'm sorry, I have to ask...how do you know that? :eyeball:

:smile: <- I bet you can tell how long he's been high for too!

Well everyone knows, when you don't focus on something, your eyes dilate, and when you do focus it constricts?! :colondollar:

So i assumed that when taking drugs, the concentration levels are reduced, therefore focus on seeing things are reduced,hence dilated pupils.:top2:

LOL I DON'T KNOW EVERYTHING ABOUT DRUGS! I ASSUMEEEE.
*cough* East London Society *cough*

lol jk I'm not Bangladeshi but you guys are cool. Any North Londoners here?
Original post by Podcaster
*cough* East London Society *cough*

lol jk I'm not Bangladeshi but you guys are cool. Any North Londoners here?

*cough* Troll *cough*
*cough* Troll *cough*

Howe am I trolling? It was a joke based on the fact that most bangladeshis (in the South-East at least live in East London.
True dat. You lot just have boring personalities then. :wink:
You just made a generalisation that my area is in need of charity. :angry:

Well money won't solve anything. It's the way the government deals with it.

I do have a phone :colonhash: Why do you need a fabulous phone anyways? The main function of a phone is to call someone. My phone does that, therefore I am satisfied. Just cos i didn't give you my number Iqbal, doesn't mean you should conclude to the fact that I don't own a phone. :naughty:

or maybe its cos your boring one :rolleyes:
u even said that you guys can't afford anything before :colonhash:

no they don't, all they do is nothing for you guys, you guys did need money to live, go live a month without money and we'll see :colonhash:

yes a home phone...........not a mobile phone, which doesn't need wires at all to call and you make calls anywhere nearly :biggrin: its true, who wants your number though :cookie: oh apart from those rishtas in desh waiting for you :crossedf:
Original post by weirdnessandcoffee
It's for Waitrose. Like, I dunno, I can just hope for the best :smile:

I was guessing it might have been for a job in costacoffee/starbucks based on your user-name. Well I was guessing wrong!
Good luck to the 5 participates taking part in the olympics for Bangladesh. the archerer is playing against the guy from great britain next round!

And hope The month of ramadan is going good for everyone!
or maybe its cos your boring one :rolleyes:
u even said that you guys can't afford anything before :colonhash:

no they don't, all they do is nothing for you guys, you guys did need money to live, go live a month without money and we'll see :colonhash:

yes a home phone...........not a mobile phone, which doesn't need wires at all to call and you make calls anywhere nearly :biggrin: its true, who wants your number though :cookie: oh apart from those rishtas in desh waiting for you :crossedf:

Yet you're the one who keeps PMing/quoting me. :teehee:

Fine then. Give me the money then? This could be your Zakat. I need money for Laptop/phone/driving lessons.
I'm planning to pay all this through the one year of EMA I saved. :sad:

We are living with little money. Money is an issue. But surely we should look at why we were put in that lower position in the first place?
I'd say, it is because the government failed to integrate the ethnic minorities.

You asked for my rishtha on PM. :hand: You thought my poems was me 'hitting' on you. :rolleyes:
I'm not going to give you anymore, so there! :eviltongue:

Original post by Podcaster
Howe am I trolling? It was a joke based on the fact that most bangladeshis (in the South-East at least live in East London.

Because you're pretending to be someone you're not and pretending like you don't know us. Therefore, trolling us.

This quote is very trollish.

Spoiler

Pretending to participate in such activities, forces me to label you as a weirdo, and reinforces why I don't want to talk to you any further.
Need your answers and opinions...
Is trading stocks haram?
Does the company have to be Islamic (or non haram, so no investing in alcohols etc?
Is the money that a trader receives seen as interest?

So do you have a career in mind?Or are you still thinking about it.

Nah, i'm a one-man party. I don't need men in my life. They slow down the process of life innit.

Seriously? I don't feel the same. But Dhaka is very different from sylet. Not hawt girls :sad: cos it's a poorer area.

No particular career in mind, no idea yet :no:

Perhaps it can slow down the process of your life, but you can't give birth to another life without a man :wink:
(unless, of course, you go for IVF)

I wasn't too enthusiastic about going to Bangladesh before going there, but looking back, I had a great time, and I can't wait to go back, even if the internet wasn't great..and my experience on the ferry :sick:

When was the last time you went to Bangladesh again?
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by ieatcheeseyo
Need your answers and opinions...
Is trading stocks haram?
Does the company have to be Islamic (or non haram, so no investing in alcohols etc?
Is the money that a trader receives seen as interest?

Even Saudi Arabia have to trade stocks, if there were no stock traders in Islamic countries, then most Islamic countries would still be living in the stone ages.

If Saudi Arabia only did stock trading with Islamic companies, then Saudi Arabia would crash and burn.

You have to pay interest when borrowing loans for university fees and accommodation, if a Muslim student refuses to go to university because he has to pay interest on his loans, then he's losing out on valuable education. You're not really going to find a trader who doesn't receive money, and if you can't find a trader, then you're losing out.

(somebody please correct me if I'm wrong)
Even Saudi Arabia have to trade stocks, if there were no stock traders in Islamic countries, then most Islamic countries would still be living in the stone ages.

If Saudi Arabia only did stock trading with Islamic companies, then Saudi Arabia would crash and burn.

You have to pay interest when borrowing loans for university fees and accommodation, if a Muslim student refuses to go to university because he has to pay interest on his loans, then he's losing out on valuable education. You're not really going to find a trader who doesn't receive money, and if you can't find a trader, then you're losing out.

Okay cheers
So it's halal, and if I wanted to, I could invest in carlsberg or something?
What about people that call it "calculated gambling"
Original post by ieatcheeseyo
Okay cheers
So it's halal, and if I wanted to, I could invest in carlsberg or something?
What about people that call it "calculated gambling"

Oh, if it's something like investing in an alcohol company, then there might be a problem there for you.
No particular career in mind, no idea yet :no:

Perhaps it can slow down the process of your life, but you can't give birth to another life without a man :wink:
(unless, of course, you go for IVF)

I wasn't too enthusiastic about going to Bangladesh before going there, but looking back, I had a great time, and I can't wait to go back, even if the internet wasn't great..and my experience on the ferry :sick:

When was the last time you went to Bangladesh again?

Same here. I have no idea where to look. I'm extremely picky. But you still have years to think about it. :tongue:

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :excited: IVF all the way.
Don't mind men, as long as they treat me like the women I am Raawwrrrrrrrrr. :colone:
Otherwise, manz is going to join dem LGBT society ya get muh?

Well that's good, and it's good that you're in touch with your culture/know about our history. Very few people don't know in this thread.
Lol what's a ferry? Is that like a wooden boat that keeps leaking? Cos I've been on that. It's was a sick ride, UNTIL the HUMONGOUS dragon flies came. I swear down, i nearly died. But what happened with yo experience?

LOL the internet there, why do you even bother?!"!! :zomg:

This website explains more clearly.
http://www.milligazette.com/Archives/2005/01-15July05-Print-Edition/011507200530b.htm
But the overall answer is. Yes, but there are certain limitations and procedures in which you implement this.

Regarding the university. Islam allows to bend some rules slightly if it contradicts with the country in which you are living in, and there is no other way to go about it.
Reply 8539
Original post by greenlantern
Good luck to the 5 participates taking part in the olympics for Bangladesh. the archerer is playing against the guy from great britain next round!

And hope The month of ramadan is going good for everyone!

where do you watch the games? i only see tennis being shown all the time, don't know when the bangladeshis are playing either
(edited 11 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending