How many past papers per day?

Watch
upthegunners
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
hi

how many past paper should I be doing per day?

I have 8 exams in june

username985376
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Past papers are not the only way and should not be the only way for you to revise.
It sounds like you're putting all your faith in them, don't!
king_revision
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I do about 10 past papers a day, but my exams are really close. First one is 3rd of June
username985376
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by king_revision)
I do about 10 past papers a day, but my exams are really close. First one is 3rd of June
That's not really close, mine's may13th, my last one is jun 4th
dannywhite
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Troll or I'm going to fail.
king_revision
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by dannywhite)
Troll or I'm going to fail.
Nah, I'm not trolling. I just come from quite a competitive year, so I feel inclined to do more.
NabRoh
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Ten papers a day? Mean time completing plus marking paper: 1 hour 30 minutes~
You spend 15 hours every day on papers?
Xx4L3x
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
r u ok
HeavyTeddy
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
...I haven't even started revision yet. Wow, I'm behind.
king_revision
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I do mainly science (old spec) papers whcih are like 45 marks, so i do it for for 45 mins or stop when i've finshed and then french which is about 45 mins and english lit which is about 45 mins. But yeah, obviously i don't do 10 past papers every day but like i do 10 on the weekends per day

It's mainly because i've learnt everything now, so i cba to do anymore revision
Alex-Torres
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by PKMN TRN JAM)
Past papers are not the only way and should not be the only way for you to revise.
It sounds like you're putting all your faith in them, don't!
whats wrong with revising from just exam papers?
JustaDreamer
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I myself find past papers to be incredibly useful, but yeah its not the only way to revise. As for how many it depends on what subjects they are and how strenuous the papers are for you! I find the GCSE AQA English language paper really tiring, despite it being one of my favourite subjects... writing for 2 hours and 15 minutes... -.-
westarmy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Well best thing to do is do a paper... mark it,
Note down the parts you're wrong and go over the topics the same day then start on another paper
Victoriapownall
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by PKMN TRN JAM)
That's not really close, mine's may13th, my last one is jun 4th
Yeh I agree my first one is on the 15th may and its re as well ,and its bet not to get too complacent by just doing last papers as it means that you won't be covering all the topics that you need to know for the exam...and it's likely that the topics int he past papers won't feature in your actual exam,so if I was you I would just revise the hard way by learning everything that could possibly come up that way you know your guaranteed not to fail ! Hope you get amazing results in your exams !!
Victoriapownall
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Alex-Torres)
whats wrong with revising from just exam papers?
It means that you won't be going over everything you need to know for the exams as the topics that don't feature in the last papers are more than likely to come up in the exams ! Just revise properly by using a revision guide or something as this way you won't miss anything out that you need to know.i know from experience that the thing that your bad at is more than likely the thing to come up in exams so just learn everything
Kvothe the Arcane
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
around 2-3. i then correct every half a week
Jodie_668
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I can only do 2 a day maximum. Any more the monotonous font, excessively long winded questions and using good exam technique just melts my brain.
pierreboobvier
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
My first exam's on the 15th May and I've been doing 3 a day. Feel like I'm slacking a lot seeing what y'all say, though.
Albino
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
2 or 3 a week
Pejic
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm on about 2 or 3 a day, marking every few days or so. That's only for maths at the moment - philosophy I haven't done any past papers yet and I'm waiting until study leave to start properly on physics as they're at the end of my exam leave.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you feel about your grades? Are they...

What I expected (129)
24.02%
Better than expected (117)
21.79%
Worse than expected (291)
54.19%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise